Main Menu

1 shot point - Which Colours?

Started by 72 Challenger, June 25, 2019, 08:18:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

72 Challenger

I am going to order some 1-shot paint for future use on my mopars to reproduce factory paint markings.

Which colours best match what the Mopars? Here is what I have so far, anything missing or anyone think other colours are a better match?

Yellow (Made in Canada Rad stamp, trans stamps, rear end, heater box etc..): Lemon Yellow number 132
White (Sure Grip ID, Engine side, x with circle on rear diff etc...) Polar white number 103
Red/Orange (Diff fill, transmission fill, suspension bolts etc...) Vermillion Part number 100

I am of course just doing this for fun, not super interested in concourse competition. I really like putting all the details on a car over the winter, even if there is no build sheet or proof! Keep me out of trouble.

Pardon the Canadian spelling  :canada:

Thanks folks!
Someday I will have a J0b.

anlauto

In my opinion, you're over thinking it....you can go to Canadian Tire and get Tremclad, yellow, white and orange brush paint. If they don't have orange, hit up a Home Hardware. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

72 Challenger

I am concerned with the consistency being too thin to work well with the stamps? I tried acrylic paints from an arts store on my last car and they did not hold up well. Would not try that again.

I also had to google where the closest Home Hardware is to me, I forgot they existed!

Cuda Cody

1 shot is good stuff.  It will hold up a long time.

anlauto

Quote from: 72 Challenger on June 25, 2019, 10:11:09 AM
I am concerned with the consistency being too thin to work well with the stamps? I tried acrylic paints from an arts store on my last car and they did not hold up well. Would not try that again.

I also had to google where the closest Home Hardware is to me, I forgot they existed!

We have one right beside CDN tire  :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

72 Challenger

@anlauto

Just wanted to make sure before I buy paint, will the tremclad stick to the rad hoses? (Chrysler pentastar, Rad End and part number)

anlauto

For that I would use SEM interior paint and an adhesion promotor, but honestly I've never done my own hoses, always purchased the reproduction ones. :alan2cents:

72 Challenger