Main Menu

1970 Challenger RT Tail Panel

Started by kent_goins, June 08, 2017, 02:45:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparDave

Quote from: kent_goins on June 11, 2017, 01:15:46 PM
To Mopar Dave:
Just went to the shop and looked at my tail panel...It has the 7 or 8 mount holes above the lights for the A63 Applique panel. So....long story short, my car may have had the A63 options, therefore I am going to stick with the full panel. Sorry for getting your hopes up. I really wanted just the quarter trim pieces and not the full panel but changing would require filling the holes and a great deal of extra work.

KG

no worries here. glad you figured it out.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

kent_goins

To all for your enjoyment...here is my tailpanel before media blast and after. Notice the 6 or so holes across the back panel above the tail light mount holes. There you go.

KG

anlauto

Cool, I've never seen that before. :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on June 12, 2017, 08:02:38 AM

Stick around... You may learn something.... :rofl: :cheers:

RUNCHARGER

Yeah: Slimey was punched there as well but I turfed all the photos of that car.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 12, 2017, 08:10:15 AM
Quote from: anlauto on June 12, 2017, 08:02:38 AM

Stick around... You may learn something.... :rofl: :cheers:

Nah.....that only makes my head hurt :P
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

soundcontrol

Just used Codys new Fender TAG decoder, my A63 came up as:
Challenger Molding Group A = Belt Molding, Front Splash Pan Scoop Molding, Cowl Molding, and Rear Astrotone Painted Applique. SE (JH29 & JS29).

The tail panel, must be "Rear Astrotone painted Applique" is that the light grey paint?

Cuda Cody

Yes, that's the rear panel and the shade or gray can vary from panel to panel.  I've seen NOS ones that were almost a dark gray and some originals that were a light gray.

I need to update the code description to say "Standard on SE JH 29 & JS29".   :bigthumb:

Quote from: soundcontrol on June 13, 2017, 10:47:28 AM
Just used Codys new Fender TAG decoder, my A63 came up as:
Challenger Molding Group A = Belt Molding, Front Splash Pan Scoop Molding, Cowl Molding, and Rear Astrotone Painted Applique. SE (JH29 & JS29).

The tail panel, must be "Rear Astrotone painted Applique" is that the light grey paint?

6bblgt

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 13, 2017, 11:14:27 AM
Yes, that's the rear panel and the shade or gray can vary from panel to panel.  I've seen NOS ones that were almost a dark gray and some originals that were a light gray.

I need to update the code description to say "Standard on SE JH 29 & JS29".   :bigthumb:

the mouldings are STANDARD on SE the "PACKAGE" is NOT

70/6chall

My SE rear finish panel has been a dark gray astrotone hue, along with the grill to match, since I've owned the car. If this info helps.    Thanks,   Al

quapman

Alan, you need to get out more.  :)

Of the 6 S.E.s & WSSs I've owned, no two finish panels were the same color or texture. They went anywhere from a light argent (like on 70 wheel centers) to a dark argent (like 71 wheel centers). None had much of a texture. Two had been painted over with rattle can black. I need to take a peek at my NOS one and maybe snap a pic or two.

All these cars had the holes above the taillights.

anlauto

Ed

Mine was built 10/69    Panel is black.  seems like just a plain flat black.   Old topic Im new LOL    using search feature ....

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 08, 2017, 05:37:17 PM
Challenger = painted Body Color
Challenger w/A63 (OPTIONAL) =  Astrotone Painted Applique
Challenger SE =  Astrotone Painted Applique
Challenger RT = painted Body Color
Challenger RT w/A63 (OPTIONAL) =  Astrotone Painted Applique (black early)
Challenger RT/SE = Astrotone Painted Applique (black early)
Challenger T/A = painted Black

Just noticed this & had to comment... My R/T SE which had a black textured rear panels had a SPD of 723, certainly not an early car.... Actually rather late....  VIN was JS29U0B440289

6bblgt

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 24, 2019, 09:53:36 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on June 08, 2017, 05:37:17 PM
Challenger = painted Body Color
Challenger w/A63 (OPTIONAL) =  Astrotone Painted Applique
Challenger SE =  Astrotone Painted Applique
Challenger RT = painted Body Color
Challenger RT w/A63 (OPTIONAL) =  Astrotone Painted Applique (black early)
Challenger RT/SE = Astrotone Painted Applique (black early)
Challenger T/A = painted Black

Just noticed this & had to comment... My R/T SE which had a black textured rear panels had a SPD of 723, certainly not an early car.... Actually rather late....  VIN was JS29U0B440289

old stock found at end of model year inventory clean-up  :dunno: or other

@Ed can you get some close up detail pics of your finish panel?  Does the door sticker show "10-1969"?