Main Menu

3-Speed Wiper Motor Sent Out for Restoration

Started by MoparCarGuy, March 13, 2023, 05:38:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparCarGuy

I have a short story about my original 3-Speed Wiper Motor. In 1998, I began my restoration by removing almost everything from my Cuda including my original 3-Speed Wiper Motor. As typical for the time, the entire engine compartment had been spray-bombed satin black by the previous owner ala Ford/Chevy.

On the good side was the fact that I had almost every piece there to work with. I sourced a lot of new or restoration parts from a variety of vendors including Year One as I lived in the Atlanta area. Year One's warehouse was close enough to go there so on one of the trips I picked out an off-the-shelf, restored 3-Speed Wiper Motor. I did not pay the small extra fee for a motor close to my Scheduled Production Date (SPD) of 613 (June 13, 1970) and ended up with a 1971 wiper motor with date code 2780 (October 5th, 1970). That wiper motor is still on my car but not for much longer.

Today, 3/13/23,  I sent my original wiper motor with date code 0960 (April 6, 1970) to fellow member @Ns1aar. He comes highly-recommended for wiper motor restorations on the Component Restoration Services post https://forum.e-bodies.org/deals-coupons-vendor-specials-and-product-reviews/16/component-restoration-services-preferred-vendors/3047/msg44378#msg44378.

I will post the results when I get it back. Expected to be around 6-8 weeks depending on the plating turnaround.
p.s. - I already have a local 1971 Cuda 340 owner who will get my existing 3-Speed Wiper Motor.

MoparLeo

I have known Bruce for over 40 years. Excellent work. You will be very happy.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

MoparCarGuy