Main Menu

70 Cuda Grill Help !

Started by vilzrod, May 01, 2017, 07:10:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparDave

Correct, the holes are square. If they are not stamped in. the easiest solution would be to mock up the grille and bezels. mark the location and then carefully drill a hole , then use a short self tapping screw.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Spikedog08

Great picture Dave!  Nice job!   :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

vilzrod

thanks Dave... Ill look and mark carefully

vilzrod

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 02, 2017, 07:46:15 AM
It's a square hole, right?  Might need to do what Alan did and just use some self taping screws.

or drill the hole and use a squre tiny file to make the hole square.. I'll look at the nylon inserts....

Jay Bee

Yes, resurrecting an old thread.
Has anyone experienced any problems with the installation of a 1970 Cuda grille using the aftermarket reproduction spacers and/or the bolts that come with the kits. I posted a link to a CC.c thread, in the Parts Wanted section, showing some issues. From the pictures you can see a substantial thickness difference. Thanks

John

MoparCarGuy

The repro spacers are very brittle and prone to cracking. A more flexible plastic would solve this known issue.
Any vendors listening? LOL

Jay Bee

Thanks for your reply  :bigthumb:

Has anyone experienced any problems with the installation of a 1970 Cuda grille using the aftermarket reproduction spacers and/or the bolts that come with the kits.

Any other member actually assemble their car using those kits

Jay Bee

Decided to file down the reproduction spacers and they still lock together.

edison1970

I had the same issue years ago. The screws provided don't catch the threads in the nuts provided.  I actually bought stainless button head bolts that were slightly longer.

Jay Bee

Yeah, I noticed that even the nuts that are supplied with the repro kits are different from the originals.
I wonder if that further compounds the installation difficulty.