Main Menu

'70 'Cuda Rocker Molding Restoration

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, September 29, 2022, 04:08:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

Just picked up a set of really nice original (as far as I know) 'gill' style rocker moldings for my '70 'Cuda.  The ends need a bit of repair, and I am looking for any restoration tips or tricks.  I don't know why, but I always thought these were metal....

Any advice for making minor repairs and painting is appreciated.  Also, they have some minor pitting or "texture", is that factory or do I need to smooth them out prior to painting?  Any pics of your restored set is appreciated - thanks
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

57Fury440

cuda hunter

@wayne has a restoration thread on his red on red cuda.
I think page six has a bunch of details about fixing these moldings. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

benguin

Not sure how well you can zoom in- but here's a picture I took of a low mile survivor which shows the painted texture...  I'll try to IM you the full sized pic, as this really doesn't show the detail.
   Ben

FE5CUDA

The texture is not in the paint, it's in the part.  The black is close to a satin black and the argent silver is dull aluminum.