Main Menu

71-Later Cuda Rocker Molding - Repro vs. Original?

Started by Floyd, July 25, 2021, 07:00:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

I have a set of rocker moldings off a 71 Barracuda.  Both sides have some sharp dents but are fixable according to the trim guy I use.  Are the repros good enough for most folks?  I've hear they don't fit as well as originals (too long).  Trying to decide to try to sell or recycle.  Restoration is probably going to run close to $250 for the pair.

Thanks

anlauto

I just ordered two sets of the later 73-74 moldings for the two 71 Cudas I'm working on from Roseville Moparts...From what I understand, they are only an inch or two shorter, which is good enough for the girls I go out with. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Floyd

So is 71 unique?  Do you know what the repros measure?  The ones I have are 74.75".

Thanks

anlauto

They should arrive this week, I'll let you know.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

@Floyd I just got my reproduction 73-74 Rocker moldings today from Roseville Moparts :worship: They are manufactured by OER and measure exactly 72" or 6 feet tip to tip  :brainiac:

Floyd

anlauto

Does anybody have a Cuda that can measure the distance between wheel lip molding to wheel lip molding along the rocker ?
I betting it's real close to your 74 3/4" maybe 75" at most ?

benguin

Right at 74 3/4" molding to molding above the gill molding on my '70.

anlauto

Wow, thanks for the super fast response :worship: exactly what I thought it would be too, so I'll have 1 3/8" gap from my rocker molding to my wheel lip molding...I can live with that  :cheers: