Main Menu

72-74 Challenger Grill and Header Panel

Started by Cbridgewater, October 17, 2020, 01:12:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

This is a cool ides, will definitely have people taking a second look... :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cbridgewater

Quote from: MoparLeo on November 02, 2020, 05:58:04 PM
Injection molded plastic grill and chopped fiberglass header panel. Sometimes things that look good at the car show are not practical on the street ( real world things can happen, like hitting something)

Good thing I still have a stock header panel and grill haha

Cudajason

That is going to look cool!

I love mods like this, you know something is different but you are not sure what it is.

Keep the pics coming.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Cbridgewater

I'm really excited about it so far. I still need to work out how to incorporate the hexagon mesh. The stock grill insert leaves about a 1" gap between it and the header panel, and I want to close that up as much as possible.

Cbridgewater

Ok, finally made some progress on this. I included a stock header panel so you can see how much is cut out. Still mimics the stock appearance, just less extreme. Still a long way to go.

71vert340

@Cbridgewater Did you finish this change to the grille?
Terry W.

Cbridgewater

Header panel is done, still working out how to do the grill. I'm thinking of using the original and sectioning a piece in the set the grill back further into the header panel.

71vert340

I can't wait to see how it looks.
Terry W.

Cbridgewater

71vert340