Main Menu

73 Challenger Headlight Buckets

Started by 73Challengr, May 03, 2021, 10:11:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

73Challengr

Looking to replace all 4 headlight buckets on my 73 Challenger. Year One has some, but the LH look much different than the RH. Any other vendors? Links or PN would be appreciated.

Burdar

Year One doesn't make anything.  They just resell the parts that other companies make.  PG Classics makes the chrome headlight bezels.  I assume that's what you are referring to.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

Do those really fit 72-74?  Never would have guessed they were the same.  72-74 headlight buckets mount to an aluminum/pot metal piece before mounting to the header panel.  I assumed the OP was talking about the 4 chrome headlight trim pieces.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Burdar

The buckets will clean up nicely if the OP still has his.  Took a lot of elbow grease on mine and they look good.  A quick dip in EvapoRust might have been easier.

anlauto

So the galvanized buckets are still separate ? Are they different then the ones I pictured, they still have two adjusters and a spring?

Burdar

Galvanized buckets are separate from the pot metal pieces.  I don't remember any more exactly how they attached.  There were some springs involved but I don't remember how many there were.  Maybe the buckets themselves are the same.

anlauto

He's probably talking about the chrome trim rings anyways :haha: :haha: :haha:

73Challengr

Actually, talking about the buckets that go behind the headlight, not the chrome trim rings.

I'll check out PG Industries, thanks for the tip!

It may seem like overkill, but I've fiddled and futzed with these G0DD@MN headlights to get the correct position for so long. The hardware is old, screws stripped, retainers broken.... The buckets might be usable, but I'm just ready to get new parts and replace the assembly so my old eyes can see at night.

I did install the relay bypass kit and man what a difference. Now just need to get them pointed correctly.

73Challengr

Quote from: anlauto on May 03, 2021, 12:43:46 PM
..or are you talking about these ? https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/headlamp-bucket-kit-70-74-with-retainers-and-hardware/

LH & RH should be the same looking, but all four are actually different :alan2cents:

Just ordered this set.. an hold...ugh... but that is a nice kit with everything in it. Thanks!