Main Menu

Any idea what these are and where they go?

Started by usraptor, May 14, 2018, 06:51:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

Okay, 'Cuda is 99.9% assembled and I have these left over in the parts stash.  Any idea what they are or where they go or are they some parts to a different car the previous owner threw in? 

Cuda Cody

Hard to tell what size they are from the photo, but could they be the plates (what the bolts go in to) for the door?  They look like they are shaped like they would be held in place with some tabs that would allow them to be adjusted so that makes me think doors.   :huh:

YYZ

The pics are a bit dark, but the plates look to be the ones that go on the inner fenders to reinforce them for the hood hinges.

jimynick

I agree with Cody and the only other thing I can think of is, based on the size of threaded hole they have, they may also be the bolt lock plate out the 1/4 panel lock pillar where the striker goes in. Just my  :alan2cents:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

MarctheDrifter

I think that goes in the fender. You can't see it through all the rust, but I circled a part that's at least very similar that goes on my Challenger.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Nice job guys!!!   :iagree:  That's looks like it's it!   :clapping:   :worship:

usraptor

Quote from: anlauto on May 14, 2018, 08:04:27 PM
YES....hood hinge tapping plates

Okay, both of the hood hinge mounting plates on my Cuda were replaced with patch panels due to excessive rust. So do these go over the circled areas in the attached picture? :thinking:

gzig5

Since the car is 99% together, they must go in the deepest, darkest bowels of the beast.  You're going to have to rip it all the way back down so it can be done right.   :smile:

anlauto

Yes but your missing the flange piece that holds them in place. You could still get away with having someone hold it in place while you bolt the hood hinge on...PITA, but can be done. :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Just bend up a little cage with 1/2" flanges which will both hold it in and allow it to do it's job by sliding as req'd. Some 20ga. , snips, a vise and a hammer. :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"