Main Menu

Body panel availability

Started by twmotox, September 10, 2022, 11:35:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

twmotox

Just getting started on my 72 cuda project and I'm having a really difficult time finding floor plans and rockers in stock anywhere. Is this just something temporary that happens or are the suppliers just not carrying them anymore?

R/T's 4 R/P

Yes, availability is down.
Transportation time is longer. Materials are scarce with suppliers.
Buy what you can when you can.
Keep the other items on-order so your next in line when they come in..
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

twmotox

Thanks for the reply.  I'm trying to stick with AMD products and reputable suppliers but your right they are all low. I guess I will just go ahead and place the order and wait for the back orders to release

anlauto

Sheet metal is back ordered everywhere right now :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Filthy Filbert

A little over a year ago, I was ready to start in on my 70 Cuda sheet metal work.  AMD showed nearly everything out of stock, and I panicked, started buying anything I could from anywhere that had it.   My fear was that AMD, who makes panels for all makes, models, years; would take the opinion of "we ran a set of 1500 parts and they took 10 years to sell...it's not worth the change over costs on the presses to run Mopar stuff and we're discontinuing them"

However, AMD assured me they were simply backordered and not being discontinued.   Things started coming back into stock and I was buying what I could as soon as it hit the shelves.   Finally everything I needed was in, and now the car is back together with fresh metal.