Main Menu

Can I repair this Horn

Started by Tony 73, February 26, 2022, 04:45:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Tony 73

Is it too far gone, other one in same condition. Is a Spartan horn with plastic hat.

I got another pair on the car which have metal hats and are other brand. Think the Spartan ones correct for my 71 cuda.

blown motor

I have a couple horns at home. I can check what they are when I get home later this week and see if one would work for you if you can't repair that one.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

benguin

Horns are relatively simple compared to a lot of other parts, and the links above should get you going.

The Sparton horns are reproduced, so you could go that route as well.

Or if you've got an original you are wanting to keep, I've used this shop in Wisconsin for my Prestolite with excellent results:
   https://www.carhornrestoration.com/

Tony 73

Morning guys,
Just got up and seen these fantastic replies. Thats what beionging to a forum is all about.

Thanks for the offer 'blown motor'.

The horns I painted up, ( before checking they would work)  are Prestolite brand. Re tested them yesterday and one goes intermittently and the other not at all. They in great condition to look at, not rusty.

Let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Tony 73

Thanks tman  :bigthumb: , the links are excellent, the first one gives be confidence the I can get my Prestolite ones working, they just need pulling apart and cleaning. My spartan ones too far gone as the spring metal plate rusted through .

Cheers
Tony