Main Menu

Horn Ring

Started by R/T's 4 R/P, September 02, 2022, 05:58:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

R/T's 4 R/P

I know that the horn ring option is relatively rare, but for those of you who have one of these, is the horn ring plated? Or painted?
I believe it is a satin plating but wanted to make sure.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

JH27N0B

My convertible has one.  I think it's the same finish as the spokes on the steering wheel. 
I'll had out to the garage in a while and look.

71GranCoupe

I am away from home, but something tells me it is chrome. Not positive. Hopefully someone will confirm for sure what it is. :notsure:

JH27N0B

No, definitely not chrome.
I'm not sure if it's paint or a plating, or if mine was plated but then painted when the previous owner restored the car in the early 90s.
Whatever the case it has sort of a rough finish.

6bblgt

:takealook:  it looks like "satin chrome" - someone may have a more accurate name for it  :dunno:

Skdmark

The company I used to work for would have a Satin Nickel finish applied to our products.
It looks a lot like those pictures.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

FE5CUDA

Quote from: 6bblgt on September 02, 2022, 02:14:23 PM
:takealook:  it looks like "satin chrome" - someone may have a more accurate name for it  :dunno:

The MOPAR drawings called it "velorus" chrome which translated to "dirty nickel".  Many parts, in front of the driver, had that finish such as the convertible latches and sun visor plates as well as the rimblow center cap.  That finish didn't start until 1970 to the best of my limited knowledge.  The horn ring is absolutely a satin chrome finish, it was not painted.