Main Menu

Chassis diagram dimmensions

Started by Cuda416, December 11, 2019, 09:12:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda416

Instead of polluting the original thread found here...

https://forum.e-bodies.org/reference-material/18/e-body-frame-diagrams/4768/

I figured I'd just reference it in a new thread...

It's very likely I'm reading wrong and I'm sure they are not to scale but when I try to draw references lines, using a cad editor, things come out wrong.

i start with a longitudinal line for the center line, then lines that correspond to points B and C and line A. Then if I draw lines that represent the left and right center lines of the K-Frame bolts, and run the diagonal from point B to the rear, drivers side, k-frame bolt, it comes to a hair under 57, but the drawing has this at 57.5.

The question is simple, am I wrong, and if so, where am I messing up?

I am doing this because i need to build a jig for the carcass I call a 70 cuda vert and want to understand the measurements before I even get to that point.
U.S.M.C. SFMF
70 Barracuda Vert
69 Dart Vert
65 Valiant

Cuda416

Ugh, disregard.

I just realized the B and C points are lower than the k-frame bolts which account for the 0.5" difference.... Some times it's easy to forget the world operates in 3 dimensions....
U.S.M.C. SFMF
70 Barracuda Vert
69 Dart Vert
65 Valiant

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @Cuda416   :welcome:   :banana:  Any photos of your car?  We would love to see them and help any way we can.   :veryexcited:

Cuda416

When I get moving and the car is in my shop I'll get some pictures. I'll warn ya, it ain't pretty, but it's mine so I'll do the best I can and take help from anyone who offers. There will be a lot of sheet metal replaced as well as some scary (to me anyway) sheet metal fabrication.,

Looking forward to starting finally, I've had the car for 8 years....  you know, gonna fix'er up some day....  :wrenching:
U.S.M.C. SFMF
70 Barracuda Vert
69 Dart Vert
65 Valiant

Chryco Psycho

Cuda416

Aww heck, here's a teaser...

U.S.M.C. SFMF
70 Barracuda Vert
69 Dart Vert
65 Valiant

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and good luck with your restoration, it should be a nice car when you're done!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cuda hunter

Howdy from Colorado.

Pretty solid looking car you have there.

Is that a v5W I spy on the back of that vert? 
White interior?  or maybe,  Red ? 

Thanks for the teaser. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

Looks like a great project. I'm excited for you man. Can't wait to follow along when you get it going.

Cuda416

Thanks everyone, been a long time coming.

I don't have the fender tag right now so I'm not sure if the molding or pin strip (V5W) are original options. The car was originally yellow, white top, 318, 3 speed manual, black interior. It lost an argument with a tree or telephone post in 1978 (last time it was registered before I bought it, and sat in a one car garage with no vapor barrier for over 30 years. It's got a LOT of rot and I'm going to need all the help I can get :)  Good thing AMD and Dynacorn are around cuz I'm going to need a lot of metal.

As for spare parts, I've got a 26" core support, a few broken grills, rear wing, extra drivers side door glass (yes, vert glass) that is a small chip on one edge, wheel opening trim, 18 spline 4 speed, and some other misc items.

My main concern is the windshield frame. The top panel is rotted pretty bad. If anyone here has sections from other rotted vert frames I'd like to here about it.

More to come.
U.S.M.C. SFMF
70 Barracuda Vert
69 Dart Vert
65 Valiant

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah.  You came to the right forum for the help you need.  Lots of good and friendly advice here.  :twothumbsup:

Cuda416

Quote from: usraptor on December 12, 2019, 01:49:27 PM
:welcome: from Utah.  You came to the right forum for the help you need.  Lots of good and friendly advice here.  :twothumbsup:

Of that I have no doubt. I've had pretty good luck over the years on car forums, CNC forums etc. It didn't take me long as a young man to figure out your relationships with people are what make the world go 'round.

-=C
U.S.M.C. SFMF
70 Barracuda Vert
69 Dart Vert
65 Valiant