Main Menu

Convertible top frame alignment help

Started by vinsar, August 28, 2019, 09:22:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

vinsar

I am having trouble with the alignment of my Cuda top frame, It sits too far to the driver side at the header so the pins will not nest into the receptacles. The frame is just that, a frame with no canvas yet. Hydraulics are working and the top seems to go up and down with no binding or strange noises. The tension cables on each side are not installed yet either, I am not sure if that matters?  The frame looks good with no damage, not sure if it original to the car.  I made a few adjustments per the FSM  (main brackets, control links, header panel) a little better but I still can not get it correct. It almost seems like the main 1/4 bracket has to move forward and the passenger bracket backward. I have them slid as far forward and rear as I can but still not good enough. The pins at the header need to move about 3/4 inch more to the passenger side in order to nest properly. All of the sheet metal where the brackets mount to the car is original as well. Any help would be appreciated.

vinsar

I figured it out, There are two pilot holes at the 1/4 bracket locations. I thought there was only one...Got it aligned pretty close.