Main Menu

Shipping a convertible top frame

Started by erik70rt, June 12, 2018, 01:05:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Someone from Texas wants an A-body convertible top frame I have in the shed.  It's big and heavy and I don't want any of the bows to get damaged.  I could build a crate for it, but I'm afraid that would make the cost of shipping very high. 

Anyone ever ship one of these things? 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

MoparDave

We ship daily and world wide. packaging is a constant battle on various parts. Best bet is to find a heavy or thick mattress or Hood box and cut it down. problem is it may have to go Over sized or freight and that can be easily 2-300
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

1 Wild R/T

Build a crate & take it to Greyhound....  Last item I shipped through them was a bench seat from California to Delaware & it was $80...

Crocha617

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 12, 2018, 03:58:51 PM
Build a crate & take it to Greyhound....  Last item I shipped through them was a bench seat from California to Delaware & it was $80...

Yes greyhound is your best bet. I've shipped a few e-body tops through them. A couple went from Mass to Cali I think I paid between $85-100

erik70rt

Never shipped through them before.  How hard is it to do?  I know they don't have a terminal near me.

1 Wild R/T

Generally it's pretty easy but that really depends on the people at the terminal.....   Looks like Mt Pocono is your closest option....  Fastenal is another option but I heard they were getting harder to deal with....

BIGSHCLUNK

GREYHOUND IS GREAT.... if your customer is close to a terminal....  :notsure:  If not you better fasten your safety belt. We recently had a customer inquiry about a bumper cover we have. UPS from here to east nowhereville Ca..... almost a grand!!  Needless to say, after his heart attack he declined...

The meter really pegs on "oversize " shipents... which is measured length/height/width... as I recall it's a total of 120 inches... And everything is formulated as a rectangle or square. Example - bumper cover ... you think... don't weigh much (correct) but overall measurements.... and it not very thick... WRONG.. its from the tip of the corner straight ahead..  hope this makes sense. Good Luck  :wave:

RUNCHARGER

Greyhound is terrific. Unfortunately they are cancelling service to a lot of areas we used to ship to.
Sheldon

erik70rt

Customer actually requested Greyhound so I assume there is one near him.  I'll have to get the exact depot from him.