Main Menu

Custom fender flares on a 1970 Challenger

Started by Brads70, December 30, 2016, 06:31:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

A few more of the finished product.

Cuda Cody

It has a super cool look and the wheel look like they fit it perfectly!    :1place:

Carticular

I may be blind but where did you get your wheels?

Brads70

nsmall

I love the rims. I love what you have done to your car. 

Why are they $450ish per rim?  Call me cheap, but dang, that is expensive. 

And not to upset everyone, but why are so many Mopar folks purists?  Is this common among Chevy and Ford folks?  Please don't kick me off the site for asking. 

Chryco Psycho

CudaMoparRay

Dodge should have done something like that to the Demon instead of looking more like an add-on.
It would be an integrated part of the body like yours.

Brads70

Quote from: nsmall on October 26, 2017, 10:26:26 PM
I love the rims. I love what you have done to your car. 

Why are they $450ish per rim?  Call me cheap, but dang, that is expensive. 

And not to upset everyone, but why are so many Mopar folks purists?  Is this common among Chevy and Ford folks?  Please don't kick me off the site for asking.

Yes they are pricey, same with the tires.( Falken Azenis RT615K) But as the old saying goes ..." going fast costs money, how fast do you want to go? "  When I first got my car the family 6000lbs Suburban out handled and braked the Challenger. That drove me nuts! As far as handling and braking goes these cars were terrible in bone stock form.  To be fair  almost 50 years of technology advancement will do that.

As far as the purist thing goes.... different strokes for different folks I guess. I certainly appreciate the numbers matching high dollar cars and enjoy them at car shows. I Enjoy watching guys like Alan , Cody, Shane Kelly and others restore them to perfection. I would never do what I did to a high dollar collectible car. Mine is a lowly /6 , something I could afford and not feel to bad about modifying it. I'm finding out that as " anal" ( in a good way/for lack of a better term?) as some Mopar people are , the worst in that category go to AMC people. Like WOW  already!  haha ( Mopars are way cooler cars!)

I would say with Chevy and Ford people its not so bad  as they were produced in such great numbers as compared to the rest, that unless you have a rare Shelby, or Yenko it's no big deal to cut up a car as there are millions of them to choose from. Next time you go to a car show look around and see how many Mustangs/Camaro's there are....   "WHO ORDERED PIZZA"  :Stirring:

Brads70

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on October 27, 2017, 12:15:23 AM
Dodge should have done something like that to the Demon instead of looking more like an add-on.
It would be an integrated part of the body like yours.

:iagree:  They almost look "Cheap" to me. Like someone bolted on some 4x4 bushwacker flairs ?

dave73

So when you are doing the rear flares and fitting 355+ out back??

Brads70

Quote from: dave73chally on October 27, 2017, 10:58:09 AM
So when you are doing the rear flares and fitting 355+ out back??

I've been asked that a few times. I'm happy with it as it is now. If I get tired of this look I can simply bolt on my original fenders. If I mess with the quarters that not a simple bolt on to go back.

RUNCHARGER

I like that look as well. The fronts are just awesome.
Sheldon

nsmall

Wait, the AMC crowd is worse?  I had no idea.

That makes sense about Ford and Chevy.

Totally agree about the Demon.  Why fender flare it?  It's hard to understand that decision.  I guess I'm whining because I won't be buying one in the next 20 years.

IRON MAN

There are  members at TheAMCFORUM that consider it sacrilegious to modify an AMC. Some members will flame you for it. I have been a member for over three years now over there in purist land.

Brad it seems you have a single 4 bbl carb under that T/A hood. Can you post a picture of the base plate. Is it steel or fiberglass? How did you get the air cleaner housing to seal against the hood?  I ask because Year One  emailed this morning to state the T/A hood I ordered will arrive Thursday, 11/02/2017. My engine is a 340 sporting a four-barrel. I have made plenum boxes for carbs out of fiberglass and may do it for my Challenger. Thanks. BTW, the front flares you made for your Challenger are to die for.

1 Wild R/T

There are members of most car groups who think stock is the only right choice & to do otherwise is sacrilege... I'm building a Ford Falcon, semi common, no value, still I got so much hate from the Falcon website I quit posting.... Their loss... I like stock, I prefer my stuff look close to stock but work better than original...