Main Menu

Goldenstar full trunk floor

Started by Lilian, September 26, 2017, 06:52:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 01, 2017, 12:55:03 PM
The difference was in the fuel system venting between 70 & 71 so the floor should be different

Please explain further how the fuel system affects the trunk floor ? :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71GranCoupe

Quote from: anlauto on October 01, 2017, 01:01:52 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 01, 2017, 12:55:03 PM
The difference was in the fuel system venting between 70 & 71 so the floor should be different

Please explain further how the fuel system affects the trunk floor ? :huh:

That is what I am thinking. Doesn't all that happen on the extension.  :popcorn:

Chryco Psycho

Yeah the floor should be the same for the fuel system my bad  , the vent system is completely different in 70 & 71-74 but that would be in the drops not the floor
I guess the other difference would be the plugs for upper shock bolt  access , some were on top & some faced rearward & I thought 70 was unique
the top & bottom are 70 but the shock plugs are different , the 71 is the middle pic ?

71GranCoupe

Not sure when the actual changeover was, but 71's rolled off the line with the early 70 style trunk pans. My 71 vert has a SPD of 928 and has the 70 style.

quapman

The difference is the location of the shock bolt access holes. On the top for 70-71, in line with the bolt 72- later. Maybe 71?

Lilian, where in France are you?  I will be shipping cars & parts to France on a regular basis. Contact member "Sly" for more info. He's my contact there.