Main Menu

floor plugs

Started by Challenger in NC, May 26, 2022, 07:46:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

The open hole shown in this floor pan photo needs a 1.5" plug but I'm not sure what type goes here, plastic or metal. It would appear to use a plastic plug since there is no small screw hole near it but I have used up all the 1.5" plastic plugs. I do have 4 pairs of metal screw in style plugs left. I installed one set of metal plugs under the rear seat but I don't see any other holes in the floor with the small screw hole near it. How many metal plugs get installed and where do they go? The floor pan including rear footwell was replaced so maybe the screw holes were not pre-drilled and I just need to drill my own.

EV2RTSE

Metal for the hole in the rear footwell you're asking about, at least on my car which was built late March or perhaps early April of 1970.

anlauto

In your first picture the two larger holes get metal plugs and the three smaller holes get rubber, at least in 70-71 :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Challenger in NC

Thanks.
So 4 metal plugs total in the interior? I wonder why the kit came with 8 metal plugs?

anlauto

Poor quality control in the packaging department  :brainiac:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Challenger in NC

Quote from: anlauto on May 27, 2022, 05:41:59 AM
Poor quality control in the packaging department  :brainiac:

Possibly, they usually miss items rather include extras, but I'll take it.