Main Menu

Front Licence plate attachment

Started by Cdnchallenger, September 20, 2021, 02:44:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cdnchallenger

:-[
I am sure this is a stupid question but how do I attach the front license plate on a 70 challenger?

Am i missing a bracket or something?

thanks in advance.

Steve

71vert340

Yes, there's a bracket. Here's photos of the one on my 71 on front valance. One photo from bottom and one from top. I see I need to replace the blue painted bolts.
Terry

71vert340

Sorry, I don't know why the top photo rotated upside down. I tried to correct it.
Terry W.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cdnchallenger

Thanks Alan,

Do you know who carries this part?

Steve

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

jimynick

Quote from: anlauto on September 21, 2021, 10:02:36 AM
Quote from: Cdnchallenger on September 21, 2021, 08:57:33 AM
Thanks Alan,

Steve

You can avoid International shipping and buy it from Nigel at National Moparts in Beaverton as well
https://nationalmoparts.com/parts-catalogue?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flexible_flypageV1_WIDE.tpl&product_id=420&category_id=1801&keyword=license+plate

OR, you can cut a 2x12" piece of sheet metal and bend it in half longitudinally, drill 4 holes and make your own, which is what I did. Easy peasy.
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Quote from: jimynick on September 21, 2021, 05:43:55 PM
Quote from: anlauto on September 21, 2021, 10:02:36 AM
Quote from: Cdnchallenger on September 21, 2021, 08:57:33 AM
Thanks Alan,

Steve

You can avoid International shipping and buy it from Nigel at National Moparts in Beaverton as well
https://nationalmoparts.com/parts-catalogue?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flexible_flypageV1_WIDE.tpl&product_id=420&category_id=1801&keyword=license+plate

OR, you can cut a 2x12" piece of sheet metal and bend it in half longitudinally, drill 4 holes and make your own, which is what I did. Easy peasy.

Not all of us share your same level of skill.  :worship: