Main Menu

Front valance shape check

Started by 70RTSE383, August 23, 2019, 12:40:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70RTSE383

My factory front valence looks like it is not pointed as it should be. It doesn't quite follow th point in the front bumper. I'm asking if someone with a known good condition mounted can check 2 measurements for me. The first is the rearward facing lip in the center of the balance to the flat surface of the verticals support bar behind it. The second is on the bottom center of the balance going back to the flat face of the lower core support.
Thanks John
70' Challenger R/T SE in progress
66' Mustang fastback GT350 clone
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

jt4406

"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

70RTSE383

Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

jt4406

Sorry, I meant no disrespect. I am also very interested in knowing this. I feel like my car may have exactly the same issue because the ends of my front bumper almost touch the fenders, like the bumper is too narrow. I suspect it may be that the fenders are too far apart, which my be proven by the measurements you asked for. As the valance is pushed back. would it not spread the fender bottoms?  jess
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

70RTSE383

Jt4406 yes it likely would. Mine was bumped in the front at sometime. The hood was original as best as I can tell but the grill and surround were replaced with non RT parts. Headlight buckets likely original and the balance original as the holes for the Se trim were punched not drilled.
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

Dakota

Quote from: 70RTSE383 on August 23, 2019, 12:40:17 PM
My factory front valence looks like it is not pointed as it should be. It doesn't quite follow th point in the front bumper. I'm asking if someone with a known good condition mounted can check 2 measurements for me. The first is the rearward facing lip in the center of the balance to the flat surface of the verticals support bar behind it. The second is on the bottom center of the balance going back to the flat face of the lower core support.
Thanks John

Based on your member profile, I think you're looking for dimensions from the front valance that is installed on a 70 Challenger.  The front valance from my 70 is sitting on the floor of our basement.   If there are some measurements from that which would help you, I'm happy to provide them.

7E-Bodies

I also have a 70 valance on the shelf as my car is currently a disassembled project now. I'll gladly get measurements if you'd like.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green