Main Menu

Lower valance 71 cuda rough shape

Started by Shoooter, June 13, 2020, 07:58:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

I had a major over site and never noticed that all three brackets on my lower valance were missing! It must have had work done at some point and they wernt put back on. So I'm looking for a old valance that I can use the brackets off of. Getting the car on the road this year isnt looking great with everything that's popping up.

I'm pretty sure other years wont work? Thanks

anlauto

I believe he means front....I'm sorry, I don't have anything like that around here  :sorry:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

Ohhh... sorry too  :sorry:

Quote from: anlauto on June 13, 2020, 09:02:56 AM
I believe he means front....I'm sorry, I don't have anything like that around here  :sorry:

Shoooter

Yes the front.  :pullinghair: I never even noticed they were missing. Now I need to find the brackets and more than likely get the valance repainted.  Thanks for looking everyone.

Mrbill426

Surprised they are not repoped  :huh:  even if one year only.  Are they "complicated" in design?

Quote from: Shoooter on June 13, 2020, 09:48:56 AM
Yes the front.  :pullinghair: I never even noticed they were missing. Now I need to find the brackets and more than likely get the valance repainted.  Thanks for looking everyone.

76orangewagon

Quote from: Mrbill426 on June 13, 2020, 09:56:07 AM
Surprised they are not repoped  :huh:  even if one year only.  Are they "complicated" in design?

Um ...Yes they are re-poped, AMD make a 71 front valance that fits nice or you could drill out the spot welds and swap the brackets over to your original..mine was missing one of those brackets also and that's what I did and sold what was left

Shoooter

I'm trying to get around buying a new AMD one to rob the brackets. I'm sure someone has a beat up one somewhere

Mrbill426

Um... who repops them for a '71.   I checked AMD's site and found none listed for the front; just the rear.  Or are do they only come with the valance?

Quote from: 76orangewagon on June 13, 2020, 10:38:58 AM

Um ...Yes they are re-poped, AMD make a 71 front valance that fits nice or you could drill out the spot welds and swap the brackets over to your original..mine was missing one of those brackets also and that's what I did and sold what was left

Shoooter

The brackets are not reproduced by themselves.  Only on the complete front valance I believe

Mrbill426

So not repoped; got it :bigthumb:  I was looking around but found nothing; I sent a inquiry to AMD to see.  I Hope you score them somewhere.

Quote from: Shoooter on June 13, 2020, 11:02:08 AM
The brackets are not reproduced by themselves.  Only on the complete front valance I believe

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

76orangewagon

Quote from: Mrbill426 on June 13, 2020, 10:58:06 AM
Um... who repops them for a '71.   I checked AMD's site and found none listed for the front; just the rear.  Or are do they only come with the valance?

Quote from: 76orangewagon on June 13, 2020, 10:38:58 AM

Yes the front valance is  reproduced that's why I bought the complete valance and took what I needed and sold the valance minus one bracket ...I'm sorry I wasn't more clear about them not making just the bracket.

anlauto

It's hard to even find pictures of the brackets...this is all I could find  :dunno: