Main Menu

Windshield Wiper Linkage Finish

Started by Gary AAR, February 19, 2021, 08:41:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

What is the correct original finish on the windshield wiper links (paint, plating, etc)?  If paint is the correct finish, anyone have a suggestion for a color/brand of paint that you've used?
Thanks for the help.

76orangewagon

It is not a paint  !!!!! If you want it done right send it to Stephan @ SF Restorations. I would have to say it is a black oxide finish on the arms.

anlauto

:iagree: I just got some parts back from Stephan yesterday, truly a work of art   :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Quote from: 76orangewagon on February 19, 2021, 09:07:27 AM
It is not a paint  !!!!! If you want it done right send it to Stephan @ SF Restorations. I would have to say it is a black oxide finish on the arms.
Just out of idle nosiness, may I enquire as to what, such excellent work costs? Is there a per part breakdown? Thanks  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cudaize

I believe the finish on these is actually a zinc plating with a black chromate conversion.  I had a batch of parts plated a year ago at a shop and paid $180.00.  I mainly needed the catches and large washers for my front seat plated but I had some hood latches and wiper links done as well so I didn't feel quite as bad about paying the lot charge.  Point being, if you only need your wiper links done it's probably cheaper to send them to one of these guys that offer the service.

anlauto

Quote from: jimynick on February 19, 2021, 08:07:27 PM
Quote from: 76orangewagon on February 19, 2021, 09:07:27 AM
Just out of idle nosiness, may I enquire as to what, such excellent work costs? Is there a per part breakdown? Thanks  :cheers:

Maybe @SF-Resto can help you out with a quote  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration