Main Menu

Vinyl top trim post question

Started by Rdchallenger, November 07, 2019, 12:18:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

Would anyone happen to know the number of posts that need to be installed on the C pillar for the vinyl top trim clips? As you see I mocked it up and traced out the trim already. Thanks for any help! 😊

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rdchallenger

Thanks Alan!!  :cheers:
I'm assuming just evenly spaced apart and not so much on the curve? Also assuming a post goes where that hole is that you see on the filler panel as well? Both sides have a hole on the end so just making sure.

headejm

70 Challenger Lover

My original had three and it seemed great

7E-Bodies

My 70 Challenger has 3, factory original.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Rdchallenger

Excellent! Thank you guys!!! I'll get to drilling.

Scooter

Slightly OT.. sorry. The last clip on my drivers side was missing when I bought the car a few weeks ago. There were 2 clips with the threaded nut in the console. Previous owner said he tried the plastic push in type and it ended up biting him in the rear. Can you access the inside hole without removing the headliner?

Thx
-scoot

Marksmopar1

Hi,
  I took these measurements of my car for another person with the very same request.
This is the location of the holes on my 70 Challenger R/T top.
  I see you still have the Dutchman hole locations,,,, so I am posting the 1/4 panel.
  Hope this gives a better idea for the hole locations....

anlauto

Hey...that's fantastic information  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dmod1974

Interesting....  My 1974 Challenger only had 2 clip studs on each quarter panel.  The rearmost stud wasn't present on either side.

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Rdchallenger

Thanks Mark for the info! I went ahead and already installed the posts on mine, no measurements just kind of eyed it up where I thought they would hold down the trim the best haha.

Marksmopar1

Your Welcome!
I'm sure you have the attachment points very close.
From inside the car there are smallest amount of room to get the nuts on the posts so if you managed to do that then your ok.