Main Menu

Plymouth Cuda Hood Emblem holes 71-74'

Started by Topcat, February 22, 2020, 09:41:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Anyone have the measurements on the outside corner of the Cuda' hood where the  Plymouth emblem is situated?

anlauto

If you look on the underside of the hood there should be cut outs in the under bracing where the holes go. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

Quote from: anlauto on February 22, 2020, 10:38:59 AM
If you look on the underside of the hood there should be cut outs in the under bracing where the holes go. :alan2cents:

I would prefer to get the measurements.

Thank you

BFM_Cuda

Topcat,

Measured mine, with a tape measure lightly pulled against the side of the hood: first hole is at 1 1/2", second hole is at 4 3/8", third hole at 6 3/4".

From the front, the first hole is just shy of 1 1/16", second hole is 1 1/16", third hole is 1 1/8" from the front edge. They appear to be in line with each other, just slightly closer to the front edge near the side of the hood.

I will try to upload pictures...

Lay it out with tape and a pencil, and compare the pin spacing on your emblem. I would drill a very small pilot hole in the hood first and use those holes to check your emblem before drilling the final size.

Topcat

Shoooter

This is great,  thanks I needed these. I have a original emblem but its alittle worn. Who sells these aftermarket?

JS29

Shoooter

I just found mine and it us NICE! There isn't a gasket or anything that goes under it is there?

So the holes look like they line up with the front edge , the emblem should follow that edge as well? IIt shouldn't be  straight across ththe hood? If that makes sense

Shoooter

I never knew they offered those. Thanks