Main Menu

Quarter Glass Loose in Frame

Started by BluRaySRT, January 11, 2024, 03:40:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BluRaySRT

The quarter glass in very loose in my Cuda to the point that it will not close properly.   I suspect that the seal that holds it into the frame is worn.   It is just the lower section of the frame that is loose.  I looking for suggestions regarding how to properly secure it.  I was considering some type of adhesive,  but if it ever needs replacement it would still need to be removed from the frame. 

Suggestions/tips appreciated.  If adhesive... which one?

Rich G.

Take it out and put in new glass setting tape in. They make different thickness of the tape depending on the size of the glass and the channel.

1970Cuda

Yup, I would concur on removing the old glass, old setting tape, cleaning the channel well (mechanical and use acetone to remove all the old tape), and the frame. As well, from my experience (I've done it a few times), and if your budget allows you might want to replace the glass.

Final comment: I don't think there are various thickness for the setting tape for the Qtr window glass, as I've not seen it before, but I might be in error. (I know there is for the windshield though.)

Brads70

Anyone have a link for this "setting tape"? I ask as I have the same issue on my 1971 Javelin rear quarter window. I was going to just use urethane?  :notsure:

Rich G.

Just type in glass setting tape and you'll find a lot of places to get some. There are different thickness. When I did mine I went to a glass shop and he gave me some rolls in different thickness. He was glad to get rid it.

Brads70

Quote from: Rich G. on January 12, 2024, 10:01:09 AMJust type in glass setting tape and you'll find a lot of places to get some. There are different thickness. When I did mine I went to a glass shop and he gave me some rolls in different thickness. He was glad to get rid it.

I found this and found it informative. https://www.prp.com/
https://www.prp.com/product/?keyword=gst&sort=u.Name&paginationCount=24&type=Alll

Rich G.