Main Menu

Retro Front Bumper Fit Problems

Started by B5 Six Pack, November 12, 2017, 12:09:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparDave

AS @Cuda Cody mentioned, the brackets are different 70-72 vs 73-74 , at the frame the early had 2 holes, the later had 3 plus the angle is different at the bar because of the steel reinforcement imposed on 73-74 cars. Once you switch up to the 70-72 brackets. that will resolve the tilt down look.

Welcome, Nice looking Ride.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

750-h2

@MoparDave , while were talking bumpers can you tell us if Keystone resolved the fit problem with the 1970/1971 Challenger rear bumper? Thanks!

Chryco Psycho

750-h2

Brads70

Quote from: 750-h2 on November 13, 2017, 05:03:40 PM
@MoparDave , while were talking bumpers can you tell us if Keystone resolved the fit problem with the 1970/1971 Challenger rear bumper? Thanks!

:popcorn:

MoparDave

Nope. 
this is an on going issue that I have had with them. it is hit and miss on the servility of the issue and they don't seem to care to fix it or at least QC and be consistent. So at this point, I quit recommending the challenger REAR only and just buy the AMD or have your originals re-chromed by a reputable chrome shop.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

750-h2

Thanks @MoparDave. After talking to Jon in August I called Keystone to talk to them about the bumpers. While they never acknowledged the problem they did state that they were out of stock and would have a new batch of rear bumpers arrive in the middle of October. I was hoping these would have been better.

MoparDave

Quote from: 750-h2 on November 14, 2017, 06:41:52 AM
Thanks @MoparDave. After talking to Jon in August I called Keystone to talk to them about the bumpers. While they never acknowledged the problem they did state that they were out of stock and would have a new batch of rear bumpers arrive in the middle of October. I was hoping these would have been better.

Are you a gambler?  roll the dice and see what you get. Unless they can prove to me they are good, I'm done selling the challenger rear bar from Keystone. I spend way too much time dealing with QC issues that other vendors wont even consider just to hose the buyer.

750-h2

Thanks @MoparDave. The only person I would buy a Keystone rear bumper from is you. I put off buying a new dash for years but recently bought one from you after you stated you had personally checked the dashes and they were ok. I am happy with the dash and it was worth the 14 hour drive. I will hold off on a rear bumper. If ever you report that the quality has improved I will immediately buy a set from you.

MoparDave

I'll email the Plant manager at keystone who runs this line and see what he says.

750-h2

Brads70

Quote from: MoparDave on November 14, 2017, 05:27:23 AM
Nope. 
this is an on going issue that I have had with them. it is hit and miss on the servility of the issue and they don't seem to care to fix it or at least QC and be consistent. So at this point, I quit recommending the challenger REAR only and just buy the AMD or have your originals re-chromed by a reputable chrome shop.

What is the AMD bumper like quality wise? Is it straight? Must really suck to be caught in the middle. I don't hold you responsible one bit. If someone ever comes out with a good one I'll buy another also.  Not happy with mine either, I have my original to get rechromed  at some point?

RUNCHARGER

I was happy with the AMD's on my orange car.  They weren't perfect but neither are factory bumpers.
Sheldon

Brads70

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 14, 2017, 05:04:59 PM
I was happy with the AMD's on my orange car.  They weren't perfect but neither are factory bumpers.

Can you post a picture?  :wave:  On mine it drops down below the tail lights and causes a noticeable gap.... that drives me nuts! LOL

RUNCHARGER

Front and back, both AMD.
Ha, the rear bumper on my green Challenger was a rechrome and it came too close to the backup light compared to the tail lights. So I know what you are talking about!
Sheldon