Main Menu

roof front / windshield channel

Started by GoMangoBoys, March 27, 2020, 09:41:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

hanksemenec

I found Jegs has Golden star roof and at least 1 review from a guy who installed it.

cudamadd

What a big job wow . Fantastic that you can do it your self .  It always amazes me the length us mopar lovers go to in building these car piece by piece . Some times fixing bad work man ship or just  slap up work . This is one of the reasons why I love this forum .  Some times the human sprit cannot be broken ,So keep up the great work awesome cheers  :australia:

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: hanksemenec on May 13, 2020, 12:17:36 AM
I found Jegs has Golden star roof and at least 1 review from a guy who installed it.

I just placed a Jegs order two days ago and it included the $350 Golden Star Roof. I'm gambling on this item but since I ordered other stuff, I got $100 off and that paid for the freight charge on this roof. I know soon when it arrives.

My quarters are fitted and I'm stripping off the old roof this weekend so I can sand blast and epoxy all the hidden bracing areas. I'll toss the new cheapo roof on and advise on fit and quality.

JS29

hanksemenec

Mine is on the way too, we'll see how it fits. Review stated, he had to trim a bit off the left sail panel, rest of the fit was good. If the stampings are the same, at least we know what to expect.

70 Challenger Lover

I am happy to trim. I'm worried it won't sit down nice. The Dynacorn one I did fit super nice. Just had to trim the sides slightly.

70 Challenger Lover

My Goldenstar roof skin came in. The box was heavy duty but they didn't do much to protect it inside so the passenger C pillar got a little damage. No creases so it should be an easy fix.

I tossed it on with zero fitting and I'm pretty happy with the fit.

gzig5

I've never heard of Goldenstar?  Better pricing than AMD?  I found their site but seems odd to have to join something to see pricing.

jimynick

Good for you! You'll thank yourself every time you walk up to the car and look at the roof- and know that it's as good as it was the day it rolled out of the factory. Well played!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: gzig5 on May 22, 2020, 05:28:38 PM
I've never heard of Goldenstar?  Better pricing than AMD?  I found their site but seems odd to have to join something to see pricing.

I found it on Jegs. AMD might be better but I'll never know since I can't afford them! Seems good. After the discounts it was $320 plus another $99 freight.

Topcat

Quote from: hanksemenec on May 13, 2020, 12:17:36 AM

Better off going with Summit.

Less handling/shipping time.
Shipping from Sparks, NV. main warehouse for most items.

Or....

RPS in Hayward is an authorized AMD vendor.
Your best best if any issues, you're right  there on pick up to dispute.

hanksemenec

Yey, my roof got in too. They were slow on shipping the quarter and wheel house.