Main Menu

1970 Cuda’ Front windshield

Started by 1970 FM3 Cuda, February 21, 2022, 07:34:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1970 FM3 Cuda

I have a professional glass company come out to install the front windshield that I purchased new, and it will not fit.
The glass company purchased their own front windshield it will not fit.
I put old windshield in fits fine plenty of room around the clips.
Both new windshields are about 1/16 inch all the way around too big. The window rest against the chrome clips on both sides.
The glass company is suggesting another windshield or an outside chance they can shave/ sand the windshield down. The curve of both new windshield is not the same as my factory one they are close but not the same.
Any suggestions on where to purchase a new windshield that will fit? Maybe 3rd time is charm.

thanks

anlauto

Where did you buy the first two ? I've used plenty of AMD windshields without issues  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Ramman

Clips go on first? I don't remember that.

anlauto

Quote from: Ramman on February 22, 2022, 07:10:14 AM
Clips go on first? I don't remember that.

Yup, especially if you have the screw on type :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1970 FM3 Cuda

I purchased the two windshields from different local companies, both windshields had to be shipped in. The windshields I purchase are xyg 563 and fy459. The glass company is going to try sanding them down, if that doesn't work I will try AMD but they are 2 months back order, and freight is over $200. Something as simple as installing windshield sometimes turns into a headache.

I have screw in window chrome clips which means I must install the clips before the windshield.

thanks