Main Menu

T/a decal measurements

Started by dave73, June 13, 2017, 07:12:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

I'm having my t/a style side stripes and engine callouts installed Thursday. Can anyone give me measurements for the placement of the side stripes and the engine callout decals?

Cuda Cody

I will add one thing... when your bodywork / paint and today's stripes, it's best to tape everything up and stand back to look at it.  It's more important that it looks right and straight then having the perfect factory measurements.  The factory numbers are a good place to start but don't be afraid to move it 1/8" or 1/4" if you need to get it to look straight.   :alan2cents:

dave73

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 13, 2017, 07:34:16 PM
I will add one thing... when your bodywork / paint and today's stripes, it's best to tape everything up and stand back to look at it.  It's more important that it looks right and straight then having the perfect factory measurements.  The factory numbers are a good place to start but don't be afraid to move it 1/8" or 1/4" if you need to get it to look straight.   :alan2cents:
:iagree:

dave73

Thanks for the input guys. I'm having a shop put them on but yea, I'm going for what looks good and will use the measurements as a guide. My paint job isn't perfect but I don't plan on keeping it this color forever. So I figure I'll use the decals I already have and roll with it like this for awhile and keep dumping my funds into building the drivetrain. Should be pretty wicked...satin black paint with gloss black stripes and callouts. I'll post some pictures when it's done...

Cuda Cody

That will look freaking awesome!

Quote from: dave73chally on June 14, 2017, 10:48:17 AM
...satin black paint with gloss black stripes and callouts. I'll post some pictures when it's done...