Main Menu

1970 steer shaft measurements

Started by 1970 FM3 Cuda, July 01, 2021, 07:42:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1970 FM3 Cuda

Rebuilding a power steering 1970 cuda steering column. I need the measuring points for the steering shaft.  I have watched Cody's video great info, but I need the measurements since my shaft slides very easy looks like it around 16 inches but want to only reglue this shaft one time. can some one measure a shaft that is not broken and give the measurements and from where you measured it from.

Thanks

FE5CUDA

Just let it slide, no need to glue it, it can't move once it's installed in the car.  Actually makes it much easier to install by yourself, push the coupler up, install the column, tighten up the two saddle bolts on the dash frame, pull the coupler down and install the roll pin.

Gary AAR

I am currently restoring my steering column from my 1970 Cuda with power steering.  The original plastic pins are still intact.  I have things disassembled right now, and I took the following measurement.  It measures 16.50" from the end of the top shaft (splined end) to where the top shaft telescopes into the bottom shaft.  See included pictures.  Hope this helps you.