Main Menu

Trunk drops and 1/4's

Started by A.Gramz, January 06, 2017, 05:19:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

A.Gramz

So finally get a chance to get back into the garage.   Want to finish off 1/4's to drops. Went to test fit rear valance .   Not even anywhere close. So dose anybody have a couple pics from different angles the fitment.  Not sure what the contour is suppose to be and gap approx. thx guys

Cuda Cody

When you say it's not even close.... what part is not close?  Can you post a photo?

A.Gramz

I've tried working the drivers side a bit.  A little better but still miles to go. 

Cuda Cody

Do you have a shrinker / stretcher?   You can use it to reshape the curve and get it to line up better.

A.Gramz

So I finally get a few hours of free time since July to get out in the garage.  I left off fighting with the rear valance 1/4 fitment.  I ended up welding the edge to get the gap correct.  And at the top where the bumper cutout is lining up with valance top.  Then I come on here browsing through Alan's b7 thread and see this pic.  Is that correct the valance top edge doesn't line up with bumper cutout.  I need to know before I get to the other side so I don't have to redo both sides

anlauto

Quote from: A.Gramz on February 10, 2018, 04:50:38 PM
So I finally get a few hours of free time since July to get out in the garage.  I left off fighting with the rear valance 1/4 fitment.  I ended up welding the edge to get the gap correct.  And at the top where the bumper cutout is lining up with valance top.  Then I come on here browsing through Alan's b7 thread and see this pic.  Is that correct the valance top edge doesn't line up with bumper cutout.  I need to know before I get to the other side so I don't have to redo both sides

NO...I noticed that in the picture as well....I'm going to have a look at addressing that....This car has a large amount of AMD sheet metal, and I'm afraid that's the best it's going to get.... :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Please try to make it look like this (hopefully you can make it out).
Sheldon

anlauto

Appears to be a common theme on cars with AMD sheet metal.....I'm going to have to point it out to my body shop....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Monday I'm going to look into the blue car and see if it can be adjusted a bit better.....

RUNCHARGER

Here's a better shot of my old car, original quarter, repro valance but I spent a lot of time lining it up. This is a sad shot for me though, we were loading it up for it's trip to Europe.
Sheldon

A.Gramz

Thanks guys makes me feel better I didn't waste a whole afternoon.  When they've been few and far between.  Looks like the repos need a bit of work in this area is common problem. 

rhamson

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 14, 2017, 08:30:31 PM
Make dang sure your rear valance fits before doing anything else.
:iagree: Totally! I bought some skins from YearOne that were Goodmark and after trying to get them to fit I bought the full quarters that were also Goodmark and they fit just fine.