Main Menu

Trunk drops and 1/4's

Started by A.Gramz, January 06, 2017, 05:19:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

A.Gramz

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 14, 2017, 08:30:31 PM
Make dang sure your rear valance fits before doing anything else.

Ya I'm not looking forward to that I have no reference  vertically  where is should be  :notsure:  I was counting on the quarters and drops. But the fact they didn't line up has me worried.   

RUNCHARGER

Do you have the one you are going to use? You can hang it using the bolt holes off the crossmember and then swing it into place on the quarters. With the trouble you had I am anticipating you may have to do work on the quarters to fit the valance. It's not the end of the world but just expect problems is all.  I'm not sure if the new repro valances are all good or not, anyway use the one you are actually going to use in the finish build to be sure. I've seen a few cars in finish paint and the valance wouldn't fit.
Sheldon

71GranCoupe

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 14, 2017, 08:30:31 PM
Make dang sure your rear valance fits before doing anything else.

Absolutely do this!!!  :iagree:

truckinman466

I'm glad you brought this up. I'm getting ready to do this too but I'm using full quarters. When I bought the drop downs the guy told me up front that they would probably need to be massaged to fit. Fitting new metal with old- there's bound to be some complications.

soundcontrol

@A.Gramz, I think I have Goodmark quarters also, does you rear valance flange match a stock valance (or AMD), mine does not.  This was how it looked when I took it apart, valance was not bolted on the inside flange like normal, It had screws from the outside.

A.Gramz

@soundcontrol I'm not sure what the factory was suppose too look like.  Most of that area was rusted away.  I took some picks of what the skin look like.  Looks different they yours to me.  Also took at pic of factory valance and Goodmark they look similar in my opinion.

soundcontrol

Yes, the flange looks different, I have no idea what brand my quarter skins are then. I do have an extra set, that seems to be Goodmark, (in the pict) flange looks like yours. I was confused how they should bolt to the valance, but maybe just the trunk extension is supposed to have the bolt hole flange? Maybe @Cuda Cody has a picture of the flange from behind? My quarter skins also don't have the drain in front of the wheelhouse.

Cuda Cody

First off @soundcontrol  how did you do a mention for @A.Gramz?  When I use the "dot" it doesn't let me mention him.   :notsure:

Here's some photos of the backside of the backside flange....

Quote from: soundcontrol on April 16, 2017, 10:21:30 AM
@A.Gramz, I think I have Goodmark quarters also, does you rear valance flange match a stock valance (or AMD), mine does not.  This was how it looked when I took it apart, valance was not bolted on the inside flange like normal, It had screws from the outside.

soundcontrol

Thanks Cody!

I just copied the name put the @ before and it worked, seems like it worked for you now? Looks like a link...

Cuda Cody

@A.Gramz  can you tell me if the mention worked for your name?  Did you get a notice that I mentioned you in this message?

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

A.Gramz

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 16, 2017, 12:56:02 PM
@A.Gramz  can you tell me if the mention worked for your name?  Did you get a notice that I mentioned you in this message?

Yes I'm getting notifications again.???  Did u just do any updates?   

Cuda Cody

No updates, but I think if it gets typed out all correct it's working?  That's awesome that it's working as there have been a few times I was going to mention you but could not get the pop up to work.     :ohyeah:  Glad it's working. 

Quote from: A.Gramz on April 16, 2017, 01:12:27 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 16, 2017, 12:56:02 PM

Yes I'm getting notifications again.???  Did u just do any updates?

A.Gramz

soundcontrol

Found a picture of my valance, no flange at all, somebody probably cut it off....
I have to make a new one, now that I know what it should look like.