Main Menu

Underside of the trunk lid - What's yours look like?

Started by cataclysm80, February 07, 2017, 05:12:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Challenger.  Unknown date or year. 

ec_co

from my mid-Aug LA built '70 Barracuda (COE100322). original lid. tag date 820

bonus pic of the toolbox my wife bought me for my b'day to help clean up my tool mess, lol

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Shoooter

cataclysm80

Quote from: Shoooter on February 10, 2017, 03:15:45 PM
1971 cuda build date 6-28-71

Nice to see one that's close to the end of the Production year.
Thanks

cataclysm80

Quote from: ec_co on February 09, 2017, 04:57:45 PM
from my mid-Aug LA built '70 Barracuda (COE100322). original lid. tag date 820

Also great to see such an early build date LA car!

Any chance that's original paint?
I'm curious if the trunk latch striker was originally painted body color on this car.

ec_co

I'll double check when I get home, pretty sure it is OG paint under there. BUT it did get a repaint sometime between '71-'73 (dad bought it in '73 and had no clue it had a repaint until I pointed it out to him) due to what I think was a minor front end incident - they seemed to have used '71 B5 as it is slightly darker than the original as I've sanded through a few areas and it flaked off in a few others.

funny thing (for me) on the build date - I know a guy in CA with a '70 Challenger WSS /6 and his was built within a couple days of mine, vin #s/build date are almost identical. if you want I might be able to get him to take pics of that trunk lid too

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

cataclysm80

Quote from: ec_co on February 10, 2017, 03:48:16 PM
I know a guy in CA with a '70 Challenger WSS /6 and his was built within a couple days of mine, vin #s/build date are almost identical. if you want I might be able to get him to take pics of that trunk lid too

Sure, that would be great to also see what the LA plant was using on early build Challengers.

ec_co

I don't see any hints of respray on the underside and seems that the latch was painted at the factory

cataclysm80

Here's what we have so far for Challenger deck lid variations.
We could still use more Scheduled Production Dates.

The notes on the picture mention what options the trunk lid was designed to have installed on it, but that doesn't mean those options were available on every car which used that trunk lid.    For example, No Gull Wing spoilers in 1970, and No T/A spoilers in 1971.  I'm not sure if a luggage rack was available on 72-74 cars, but the trunk lid did have provisions for it.  etc.

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!

1ownr

71 cuda
Unrestored original - SPD 308

judy

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1ownr

ec_co

Quote from: cataclysm80 on February 10, 2017, 04:11:33 PM
Quote from: ec_co on February 10, 2017, 03:48:16 PM
I know a guy in CA with a '70 Challenger WSS /6 and his was built within a couple days of mine, vin #s/build date are almost identical. if you want I might be able to get him to take pics of that trunk lid too

Sure, that would be great to also see what the LA plant was using on early build Challengers.

@70/6chall  just joined, hopefully he'll see this and might post his up

YellowThumper

My 74. All original including the factory installed upside down jack instructions.
I added the trunk light. Ignore the Falcon parts... :stop:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.