Main Menu

Washer hose T: Correct or not?

Started by Topcat, November 17, 2018, 04:39:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Take a look at these pics and please add any feedback.

Is the washer T correct or backwards?

Thanks

HP_Cuda

Hey Mike,

The T washer is installed correctly but when I look at pics of other Cuda's it seems they mostly have it going up from the outside and not through the hole you have it in. It would seem that hole is for something???
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Topcat

Quote from: HP_Cuda on November 17, 2018, 04:46:53 PM

Hey Mike,

The T washer is installed correctly but when I look at pics of other Cuda's it seems they mostly have it going up from the outside and not through the hole you have it in. It would seem that hole is for something???

Yup,

I had it on the outside before.

But then that darn hole was screaming at me to go put it thru that instead.  :notsure:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

The washer "T" in the first picture (blue car) is installed backwards.  :alan2cents:
With the hood closed, the large "feeder" line that goes to the washer jug should point to the front of the car.
The two smaller hoses closer to the windshield run under the inner structure of the hood.

In my opinion, the feeder hose does NOT run through that hole, that hole is likely fixture alignment pin hole. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

Thanks for the info. I saved it for reference.

Burdar

303 Mopar

If the hose running through that hole comes in contact at all with the metal, it is just a matter of time before it wears through the rubber.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on November 17, 2018, 07:06:41 PM
The washer "T" in the first picture (blue car) is installed backwards.  :alan2cents:
With the hood closed, the large "feeder" line that goes to the washer jug should point to the front of the car.
The two smaller hoses closer to the windshield run under the inner structure of the hood.

In my opinion, the feeder hose does NOT run through that hole, that hole is likely fixture alignment pin hole. :alan2cents:

:iagree:

RUNCHARGER

Hard to say: My pink car had it through there in 1978 and my 71 had it through there in 1977 but not driving them off the transport truck who knows?
Sheldon

anlauto

Might be one of those things that it was a 50/50 shot as to whether or not the line worker put it through the hole or not.... :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: anlauto on November 21, 2018, 11:37:15 AM
Might be one of those things that it was a 50/50 shot as to whether or not the line worker put it through the hole or not.... :drunk:

:iagree: That has some logic to me

Topcat

Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 19, 2018, 07:46:10 AM
If the hose running through that hole comes in contact at all with the metal, it is just a matter of time before it wears through the rubber.

Devil's Advocate:

On the other hand, it appears the hose gets folded over when the hood gets shut causing it to get a crimp (or kink) in it over time.
Rubber does get a memory. Right?

Seems like less pulling and hose movement when it goes thru the hole. Less movement and less chance of the hose folding over.

Look at Runchargers pic.

RUNCHARGER

A definitive "should been this way" answer would be a factory drawing I suppose.
Sheldon

CudaMoparRay

Don't know if this helps but here it is