Main Menu

What to use on undercarriage

Started by Filthy Filbert, August 13, 2023, 04:47:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Filthy Filbert

I'm not overly concerned with originality.   I'm about to begin the restoration of my suspension components.   

What have you guys used?   I'm not afraid of using 2-part paints/epoxies sprayed with an HVLP gun.  I've heard mixed reviews of products like POR-15....

Just looking for suggestions on what to use for things like the K-member, control arms, etc. 

Chryco Psycho

Powder coating is a good option .

CudaA39

Ive only gotten to my k frame so far which I had blasted and powder coated a semi gloss.  Same boat as you, not concerned with concourse original and wanted durability.  I couldn't be happier.
Check out my 71 Gen3 build:

https://youtu.be/XSDAWczXoZw

2015 Tri-State Stock/Superstock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Weekend Sunday Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar Weekend Friday No Box Winner and 11.50 R/U

Filthy Filbert

Thanks guys.  Looking for something more DIY friendly.    I have a couple HVLP guns and have some some panel paint jobs.  I do not have an oven or other equipment for curing powder coat. 

Rich G.

I haven't used this but it sounds good. You have to use the entire can once you push the 2K button in.

B5fourspeed

I use rustoleum hammer gray on the tie rods, steering link,idler arm,Pitman arm and steering box.Very durable and looks good.there is a light gray and dark gray.I used dark gray.

nsmall

I used some 2k and the brand was imaxx and it sticks

nsmall

I used some 2k and the brand was imaxx and it sticks on the parts much better vs cheap rattle cans