Main Menu

What's the pink stuff?

Started by blown motor, December 11, 2020, 01:23:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Just wondering what the pink stuff would be.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

headejm

Looks like those bolts were once on a pink car?   :notsure:

Burdar

Pepto bismol?

Is this on the Charger?  What color is the coolant?  Some newer Chrysler products use pink coolant.  It looks like that when it leaks and dries.

blown motor

It is on the Charger. Coolant is green. Whatever it is it's completely out of context with anything else on the car. There's one screw head on the other side that has it too.

Brads70

Primer from body/paint work?  :notsure:  Kinda the wrong colour but thats all I could think of?

anlauto

I was thinking polishing compound  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Yep, that'd be my guess as well. The old RM coarse compound used to be pink like that. OR, Murray's birthday cake fell into the engine bay and they didn't get all the icing licked off cleanly!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

usraptor

dodj

Quality control inspector had a pink dauber.....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

HP2

Quote from: dodj on December 11, 2020, 03:43:37 PM
Quality control inspector had a pink dauber.....

This or assembly verification. At my work, when we have assembly jobs, there is usually a paint pen we use to mark any fastener that requires a torque spec and immediately after its torqued, the paint goes on.

blown motor

But it's only in three spots on the whole car and the car was restored so it's not a factory mark.

JS29

1 Wild R/T

jimynick

Reconditioning cream??!! Murray, buy a big jug of it and we can slather it on and see if it works- on our bodies that is. Your car is already shiny enough.  :crazytalk:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: jimynick on December 12, 2020, 06:44:53 PM
Reconditioning cream??!! Murray, buy a big jug of it and we can slather it on and see if it works- on our bodies that is. Your car is already shiny enough.  :crazytalk:

Looks like your best chance of anything "PINK" this month.... :pokeeye: :pokeeye: :pokeeye:  Kidding.... :rofl: