Main Menu

Who do you use to ship stuff?

Started by tparker, January 22, 2021, 01:22:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

I will be selling a set of Dougs Headers for a 383-400 D-451 (I think) for $500. I got a good deal but  bought the wrong ones when I mixed up the numbers. But UPS freight seems to be $100 or so which makes a good deal an ok deal. Does anyone use a different way to ship that is cheaper?

Thanks Tom.

7E-Bodies

I've used averitt that seemed competitive and just now, Bob from Glen Ray Radiator suggested sending my radiator to him with Speedy. I'm going to give them a try. I've also been told that Fastenal is dabbling in shipping, but I have no experience with them.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Topcat

Uship.com I used before to ship a Hood to L.A. to a member here.
Also sent 2 power steering pumps out for re-build.

tparker

Awesome, Thanks I'll look into these.

gzig5

Never used them and not sure if still available, but I've heard that Greyhound can be economical for large size parts that one person can handle, like seats or headers.  Apparently you don't need to box them significantly and they just put them in the luggage compartment of the bus.  Drop off and pick up at the bus station.

RUNCHARGER

Greyhound was excellent here in Canada but they pulled out a year or two ago. If I can't mail parts now I don't sell them. Shipping is starting to be a hobby killer.
Sheldon