Main Menu

2023 Moparty ?

Started by HITTER23, August 04, 2023, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 13, 2023, 10:57:17 AM
Quote from: TheAutoArchaeologist on September 13, 2023, 10:50:10 AM
I will be there... in a rental
Ironically, due to some of the logistical issues I've had with my trailer and lining up assistance with some things with that, and lack of sleep the last couple nights, I was thinking if I hadn't sold my B5 Challenger last year, I'd probably be getting lazy and deciding to travel down there in it instead of putting in all this work to trailer a vintage car.
So yours wouldn't be there due to your engine issues, and mine would be there instead of my '70!

lol, that's the way our luck works
Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

JH27N0B

Quote from: TheAutoArchaeologist on September 13, 2023, 05:57:55 PM
Quote from: JH27N0B on September 13, 2023, 10:57:17 AM
Quote from: TheAutoArchaeologist on September 13, 2023, 10:50:10 AM
I will be there... in a rental
Ironically, due to some of the logistical issues I've had with my trailer and lining up assistance with some things with that, and lack of sleep the last couple nights, I was thinking if I hadn't sold my B5 Challenger last year, I'd probably be getting lazy and deciding to travel down there in it instead of putting in all this work to trailer a vintage car.
So yours wouldn't be there due to your engine issues, and mine would be there instead of my '70!

lol, that's the way our luck works
Well I got the trailer OK, and thankfully Mopar Mitch took some time off to drop by and guide me driving into the trailer.  Tight squeeze! Thanks Mitch.  :cheers:
Then I go to open the door and car sits too low to open it very wide.  Both the TA and V code I can open the door.
Convertible sits lower in back.
Oh well I just grabbed a board to put on floor to raise rear tire up a bit off floor. Maybe that'll work, will see in KY.
Then I find my trailer interior lights no longer work.  Well the exterior lights work but I really could use the interior lights with these shortening days.  :headbang:
But a friend decided at the last minute to go with me, so I have someone to split the hotel at least.
So the day was a mixed bag.  Some positive, some negatives.  The door not clearing the escape door irritates me but no biggie. The interior lights issue has me down though. I'm pretty lost with fixing electrical stuff!

GoMangoBoys

The GoMangoBoys have arrived in Bowling Green.  Qe are pretty jazzed up to finally have this beast on the road and at the show.

JH27N0B

I got here safe and sound.  Had a good time at the Martin CJDR dealer kick off cruise and even won a top 20 award!  :1place:
Boy that cruise grew from last year, well over 100 cars and they really were running out of room!
Met Mike there from the board here, he'll gave to remind me of his forum name.  :handshake:

70rag383

Quote from: GoMangoBoys on September 14, 2023, 06:20:57 PM
The GoMangoBoys have arrived in Bowling Green.  Qe are pretty jazzed up to finally have this beast on the road and at the show.

@GoMangoBoys post some pics! Want to see your Challenger!

GoMangoBoys

We will take more pics tomorrow.   Parking in the shade seemed like a good idea,  but the car was covered with sap and pollen by the time we left.  Had to wash it again after we left.  We hated trailering the car to get it here, but for this new of a build it seemed the safe move.

GoMangoBoys

Moved to a different spot today and decided it was no good either, so we quickly moved to a way better spot.  The second spot was right on the main isle next to a nice super bird.  Had a great debut at the Moparty and will be heading home tomorrow.   Lots of compliments on the Challenger.  Had a great time hanging out with @JH27N0B and with @Barracuda1.

GoMangoBoys

We also met @krazy931 and really enjoyed hearing about his M46 Cuda.  Glad they could hang out with us while it was raining.

Also on Friday I had a great time talking to @Indiana Challenger Guy

krazy931

Was awesome I got to meet ya guys hopefully in the future I can bring my car their as well!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Indiana Challenger Guy

It was awesome to get to meet you and see the challenger. I really enjoyed hearing some of the challenges you faced and I'm impressed with the plum crazy challenger. Thanks again Go Mango Boys. I hope to see you again in the future.

Barracuda1

I had a great time hanging out with all of you.  Thank you for your time, fellowship, hospitality, and sharing of info.
Everyone has been wonderful to me, the new guy.

Mike

JH27N0B

It was great meeting and visiting with Brad and Mike!
Other than a couple hours of rain Saturday afternoon, the show was perfect.
My trip didn't go completely unscathed though.  When I got home, and went to get the car out of the trailer, the brake pedal went to the floor and light went on.  I was able to nurse it out and into my garage.
I'd screwed up tying down the left front control arm and damaged the brake hose. Oh well not too hard to replace and inexpensive. Though NAPA and Rock Auto list 2 Raybestos part numbers for front disc, which one is right?
Between no light in the trailer and awkward location, tying down the control arms was tough.
Where is best to tie down the front of an E body? I'd been tying down another location but an experienced Mopar friend chided me at a show a few months ago and told me to always use the control arm.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

JH27N0B

I saw a picture of Brads car in one of the photo galleries in this article!
https://www.hemmings.com/stories/holley-moparty-2023/

JH27N0B

I finally got my 400+ Moparty pictures edited and organized.
Martin CJDR kickoff cruise. Jam packed Thursday night 100+ Mopars!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72177720311401518

Car show

https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72177720311398057

Racing

https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72177720311392096