Main Menu

Chicagoland Mopar Connection Mopar Happening show 7-9 & 10

Started by JH27N0B, July 08, 2022, 06:54:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

This weekend is the Chicagoland Mopar Connections biggest show of the year in Belvedere IL at the Boone County Fairgrounds.  The show has been moved up a weekend compared to the past since Carlisle is now a weekend later.
Saturday is a casual day with a swap meet, a Charger club show, a modern muscle show and commercial vendors.
Sunday is the big show with 300-400 cars on the show field. Cars there are from Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin and Indiana.
Weather forecast looks to be perfect for both days so this year will be great!
I hope I won't get flamed here for saying I'm planning to take a B body Sunday instead of one of my E's.  :pokeeye:

BIGSHCLUNK

Been awhile, I will say past shows have been good.  :burnout:

JH27N0B

It's always been good, but I often think back to the 90s when the show was Sunday only, and held on the grounds of the Chrysler Belvedere assembly plant.  Those shows were huge!
The plant couldn't accommodate the show being more than one day, and the club wanted to grow it to an all weekend event, so it was moved to the nearby Boone county fairgrounds in the early 2000s.  The show seemed to go a little downhill after that, but recent years it has been coming back to near the number of cars on the show field as were there in the good old days at the plant.
The weather Gods have blessed CMC so far this year with perfect weather for the first 2 shows, and the forecast promises another great weekend weather wise.  The attendance at our first 2 shows was impressive and my observation is that the numbers of vintage rides showing up is growing while new stuff is staying the same or even decreasing.  This is a good turn of events as it has seemed that new cars were taking over in recent times.
If you are anywhere nearby, it's a can't miss show!

Skdmark

The Belvedere plant shows were fantastic. Loved going to them. I have a red thermal cup from one of them still.
I've been going to the Boone County shows too for the past 8-10 years on Sunday.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

JH27N0B

One of my memories of the Belvedere show in the 90s was looking south from the show field at the plant in the afternoon and seeing traffic on the nearby tollway all congested and stop and go. Since I live east in the suburbs and usually take the tollway home, I'd get concerned thinking about when I'd leave and end up getting caught up in the traffic jam in my vintage car and what a nightmare I had to look forward to on a 60 mile trip.  Sunday afternoon highway traffic in the area often is heavy with people returning from weekend vacations in Wisconsin.
When I'd leave, I'd be relieved to find the traffic for my ride home wouldn't be bad.  The mess I'd seen on the tollway by the plant was from everyone slowing down to look at our show!  :cool: