Main Menu

CMC Mo-Power Madness car show Downers Grove IL

Started by JH27N0B, May 26, 2024, 08:57:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

JH27N0B

The Chicagoland Mopar Connection Car Club is hosting their annual spring car show on June 2 at Cozzis Corner restaurant in Downers Grove, IL.  This is a great show that has been drawing 150+ cars and has a decent swap meet too.
I plan to vend this year and will have some E body parts along with models and odds and ends.  Hope to see you there!  :wave:
More details here:
https://chicagolandmopar.com/

Duodec

I'm planning on being there; just me, no car.  Maybe find a few more bits and pieces at the swap meet.

JH27N0B

Quote from: Duodec on May 28, 2024, 11:17:35 PMI'm planning on being there; just me, no car.  Maybe find a few more bits and pieces at the swap meet.
Feel free to buy all my stuff!  :)
So far the weather forecast for Sunday is sounding promising, I am keeping my fingers crossed the forecast holds!  :fingerscrossed:
This is the first time I'm vending since '21, I have so much stuff cluttering up my house I sure hope some of it finds new homes on Sunday!  These days I don't care so much about how stuffed my pocket is at the end of the day, it's more rewarding to reduce my clutter!
I'll be vending with my burgandy red Ram 2500 and a friend of mine is going to get the adjacent spot to sell car prints and some die cast, so if anyone is attending stop by and say hi, and better yet, purchase some of my junk!  :worship:

Duodec

I'll be driving a ford so parking a little bit further away.

If I can find it in time I'll be sporting my MML cap

Duodec

There was a nice selection of cars today at Downer's Grove. I saw a few that were high on the 'I want one' scale.

Also picked up a few items at the swap meet.  I don't think as many people were selling as last year (which was my first year to visit this show).

Happy to meet @JH27N0B there in the swap meet too.

JH27N0B

It was nice meeting you!  Though the day started out cool and gray, the skies soon parted and it turned out to be a perfect weather day!  Great turnout of cars, I haven't heard the final count but I think it was best showing since they started having the show in Downers Grove.
I sold some of my horde, saw a lot of friends, and saw some cool cars. Other than some sunburn I can't complain!

JH27N0B

MEK-Dangerous

Those are awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing with us.

The car I would like to have of all of them would not be what anybody else would pick. It's that 1970 Dodge Coronet station wagon in Sublime green with the fake wooden paneling. I love the 70 Coronet grills, and nothing say early 70's like fake wooden paneling.  :D

TX9AAR

Thanks for the pictures. My friends talked about going to this show, too bad it's the same weekend as Mopars in the Park

JH27N0B

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on June 04, 2024, 11:06:31 AMThose are awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing with us.

The car I would like to have of all of them would not be what anybody else would pick. It's that 1970 Dodge Coronet station wagon in Sublime green with the fake wooden paneling. I love the 70 Coronet grills, and nothing say early 70's like fake wooden paneling.  :D
I loved that wagon too. The only thing I didn't like was the green interior, that was a little too much.  Maybe black with custom green piping would been the best choice for the interior.
Some cool E bodies in attendance.  I hadn't seen that FC7 T/A since it was on display at MCACN around 10 years ago.  It still has the fire department inspection sticker on a headlight from when it was there!
A members V code TX9 cuda there was also one I've only seen a couple times. Alan restored that beauty.
That FC7 Challenger with the shaker was a real V code.  I didn't get to check out the fender tag closely to see if it was N96.
I liked the custom TX9 72 "AAR" cuda too.
The show used to be in May and a number of locations over the last 30 years.  But the show was going downhill with bad weather etc, so the date and location were moved 4 years ago to see if the downward trend could be reversed. Shame it conflicts with Mopars in the Park now, but that being said the show has really been rejuvenated, and weather has been great all 4 years and attendance grows each year.
Old timers like me remember the Koller Dodge days of this show back in the 90s.  The show will never match what it was then, but then again, hardly any shows do match what the were then.  It's a great show again now though.

Duodec

Found on youtube (not my work)

it does show that great Coronet wagon.