Main Menu

Good day at a car show

Started by Spikedog08, September 22, 2024, 06:04:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

I'm not typically a lucky person at least in my opinion but today's car show started out positive!  Took the convertible out for a local show . . Every Sunday this place has a show and it is usually pretty busy with a couple hundred cars.   So I left pretty early as to get a decent parking spot.  Rain was expected around 4:ish so I wanted to get in a couple hours of show.  Left kind of in a hurry, grabbed a little dog to go with me and on my way there . . Thought . . Damn I brought no cash.  Got to the show, wasn't as many cars as there usually is . . Parked .. got out, walked about 20 ft through the lot and looked down to see what appeared to be a $100 bill.  My first thought was, it is fake and someone is messing with me.  So picked it up and just put it in my pocket assuming I was being video taped or some kind of prank. 

But nothing happened.  Got back to the car and with closer inspection . . Yep $100 bucks.  No cars around it . . Don't think anyone even saw me pick it up. Wow good start to a show.

Stayed for a few hours, cars kept coming in, with rain coming at 4, I am 40 min from home so at 2:10, I pulled out thinking I should have plenty of time.  3 minutes from home, starts to sprinkle.  Got home, opened the garage, pulled in and boom, down pour!  Made it just in time . . Only a few sprinkles on the car. 

I call that a good day!    :banana:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Mr Cuda

Pretty sure that was mine.....

Cuda Cody

That's a great idea.  A lost and found section.  :banana:    I think we should do that and I'll be happy to start off...

Lost $100 bill.  Last seen about 20' from a Cuda convertible.  :drinkingbud:  I'll split it anyone that finds it.

Spikedog08

I was gonna have the DJ announce what I had found . . if you can give me the serial number . . it is yours . .  :yes:

erat340

Must be my lucky day, Dave, glad you found the 100 I lost at Bakers (just kiddin!). I got drenched all the way back to Canton, it started at 3 pm at the show. I was the last one sitting in the lot, my brother wouldnt stop talking! See you at the Pumpkin show?

cuda hunter

Put that hundred bones into your gas fund for carlsle next year...??
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

Quote from: erat340 on September 23, 2024, 12:25:03 PMMust be my lucky day, Dave, glad you found the 100 I lost at Bakers (just kiddin!). I got drenched all the way back to Canton, it started at 3 pm at the show. I was the last one sitting in the lot, my brother wouldnt stop talking! See you at the Pumpkin show?

Yes weather permitting!  Kind of Look forward to that show every year . . Sadly I consider it the last show of the year . . Probably show up with this guy!