Main Menu

Mopar Shootout Sacramento: September 26th

Started by Topcat, June 01, 2020, 09:09:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

7212Mopar

I did not see any AAA, AARP discount listed. Ok for me. I just want to see a bunch of older Mopars.  :wowzers:
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Matt13

Great show today. Lots of gorgeous Mopars!  Watching the 1/4 runs was awesome too. Cool to see so many 60's-70's cars blowing away new Vettes and Mustangs.

Topcat

Quote from: Matt13 on September 26, 2020, 07:13:40 PM
Great show today. Lots of gorgeous Mopars!  Watching the 1/4 runs was awesome too. Cool to see so many 60's-70's cars blowing away new Vettes and Mustangs.

Yes it was Matt.

I was hanging out towards the end before the time boards.

E74cuda

Good show, it was nice to get the cars out. Here's a few pictures.

7212Mopar

Nice day and not too hot. Somewhat surprised that majority of the people were not wearing their face masks. Got to watch some fast Mopars going down the 1/4 mile. Fun stop when someone blown up his engine and put lots of oil down the track. Only ran into 72 HEMI and missed most of you. Looking forward to next year.

tparker

Had a great day. Rode my Motorcycle out there around lunch time. I brought my fancy camera only to find I left the battery at home. Doh. This year has been a bust so I had to figure out what pics I needed to figure out how to put my car together. Got the pics I need with cell phone for the Alt and Power Steering pump. I'm confused with all the parts listed for the power steering pump and it looks like I might have an extra piece, which is broken. Really confused. But I also had A/C so that could have something to do with it.

Fun watching cars go down the track. The fastest I saw was 9.x seconds and was a pair of modern challengers (Hellcats?). Slowest was around 18 seconds, a suv I believe. Hear a BAD sound coming from a Challenger going down the track.  :crying: Looking at all these awesome mopars always, or was it a 6 cylinder something or another. Makes me wonder if I bought the wrong one. LOL. I love 68 Chargers and GTX's and super bees, etc. But I do love MY challenger. Maybe next year I can drive mine down the track.

e_body70

Fun times!  Four of us drove our Mopars for the 4-hour round trip:

'70 Challenger
'70 Roadrunner
'68 Charger
2018 Demon

Weather was perfect too!

Check out this video made by @72hemi from the event  :twothumbsup:

anlauto

Nice video, looks like a good size show. I can't believe not one person is wearing a mask  :o :'(  that's crazy...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Matt13

Quote from: anlauto on September 28, 2020, 09:45:07 AM
Nice video, looks like a good size show. I can't believe not one person is wearing a mask  :o :'(  that's crazy...
Signs were everywhere about masks. I had mine on walking in, then saw no one had one on!

RzeroB

Great to hear it was a good event. I made a lot of passes down that track "back in the day" ...

Next year?? Like so many before it, I thought Sac Raceway was being squeezed out of business by residential encroachment and real estate developers??
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

7212Mopar

I had my mask on before stepping out of the car and off until inside the car ready to leave. I think people are becoming more relaxing after 6 months with the virus and is putting themselves and others at risk. Truth is more and more people are getting infected. My company is under lockdown this week to sanitize the office after one worker has an immediate family member tested positive. This coworker of mine is being tested now and happened to be in the office last week.