Main Menu

Moparfest 2023 - New Hamburg, ON Canada

Started by Jay Bee, February 16, 2023, 07:47:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on August 03, 2023, 10:38:34 AM
Just a dining head's up. Milton's Restaurant in Kitchener where a lot of Moparfest out-of-towners would eat is closed down due to a boycott finally taking its toll. Search "Milton's Restaurant" on YouTube if interested in seeing videos of the altercation.
https://kitchener.citynews.ca/2023/02/24/miltons-restaurant-in-kitchener-closes-its-doors-6608071/

Dumbass's
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Well, I'm registered and will go at least for the Saturday. Jas, I saw you said you had a tent, do you have the banner as well? Now that he's a newlywed Murray's attention has wandered a wee bit it seems. :Stirring: LOL C'mon Murray, you can't deprive the Mopar faithful of a gander at Black Betty, cause she's a beauty!! Get Doug out, too!
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cudajason

Hey folks,   I am not going to make it to Moparfest this year.  Just too much going on these days.

@jimynick I have tent and if you need it you can stop by and pick it up!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

moparroy

Unfortunately not going to make it.
Anyone know if there are plaques or just the magnet?

I did register but not in a place where I can go now

anlauto

Sucks you guys can't go.... :'(

Roy I hope everything is all right ? :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Jay Bee

Quote from: moparroy on August 18, 2023, 12:59:44 PM
Unfortunately not going to make it.
Anyone know if there are plaques or just the magnet?

Plaques

jimynick

Bit of a downer. Perfect weather and what might turn out to be the largest turnout ever and the Ebodies.org was represented by 3 of us! JB, Alan and me, by my count. Everybody else had an excuse and so there was no presence, tent, banner, BBQ etc. etc.  Jason offered the tent/banner, but I didn't see the message until now, Sunday afternoon. While there were, as mentioned, cars from prior years, it seemed to me that there was new blood, also. Alan backed in right beside me Saturday morning with his sweet '71 Cuda ragtop with it's 392 new gen engine and it's Sublime paint. A very nice piece! He had taken a AAR car that he built and had to go to the arena where the new owner was supposed to see it for the first time, but the guy never hooked up with Alan until the afternoon. Seems Mr. Gallant, being a bit of a Luddite ;) , didn't have a cell- to respond to the several messages the increasingly anxious new owner's several texts to do so. LOL  All ended well for Alan, but not so much for Ebodies.org. Pity
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

I hear what you're saying, for sure I do. For me, it just wasn't there this year. Maybe too much other stuff going on. The whole summer hasn't gone the way I thought it might have. For the Moparfest committee, I'm glad they had great weather.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Well, there are "car guys" and then there are guys with cars....big difference in priorities  :alan2cents:

RJChallenger

Yes it was a bit of a downer ,not having a tent this year. However I did get to meet and chat with Mccannix and put a face to a name. Chatted with Alan a few times. I did get a lot of badly needed parts that I wanted. Went back Sunday to see all the nice cars and hopefully meet with a few more members, but no luck there. Awesome show and weather. Hopefully next year I will be able to attend with my car.

Spikedog08

Sounds like a great show! Unfortunately my family that lives close to this show came to Michigan that weekend and I have to entertain them.  Missed Woodward Cruise as well but family comes first in my world and still had a good time but no car activity.  Too bad as I live about 45 minutes from Woodward. 

Next car related event I want to go to is the Hines Park cruise!  This is a park in the suburbs of Detroit and they shut down most of the park and only let in cars at least 25 years old!  No mini vans allowed!  Woodward is great but any type of vehicle can cruise the route. 

http://cruisinhines.com/
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cudajason

Quote from: anlauto on August 21, 2023, 05:17:13 AM
Well, there are "car guys" and then there are guys with cars....big difference in priorities  :alan2cents:

ouch man that hurts!   :haha:

I had some family stuff going on, all good, but just left me short on time and money.  So somethign had to give.

we will see what next year brings!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.