Main Menu

Moparfest cancelled!!

Started by blown motor, March 11, 2021, 02:44:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Their website is moparfest.com

2021 event update:
As hard as it is to have come to this decision, we must announce that we are unable to safely hold Moparfest in 2021. We have too many safety concerns, and too many people would be at risk if we were to try to go ahead with Moparfest this year. As much as this greatly saddens us as a committee to be missing out on another year of bringing the best Mopars together, we felt that we must make this hard choice for this year in order to successfully hold another Moparfest event in 2022.

We are very much looking forward to adding virtual aspects for 2021, so that maybe we can all reminisce on the past 40 years of Moparfest that we have greatly enjoyed. Check back for more details coming later in March.

We can not wait to see all your faces and your Mopars out in 2022, as we really do miss the people, the cars, and the entire family atmosphere that we feel during Moparfest.

Stay safe and healthy, and we will see you soon, Moparfest Family!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

74challenger

Cudajason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

blown motor

We'll just have to do some road trips @Cudajason
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Spikedog08

That is disappointing  . . I wanted to go!   Well gonna go to Woodward it appears.   :dunno:  kind of surprised they cancelled it already. I am getting the feeling that the US is going to open completely here pretty soon! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cudajason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 11, 2021, 04:02:15 PM
. I am getting the feeling that the US is going to open completely here pretty soon!

.....and that's why the border will stay closed too... :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 11, 2021, 04:02:15 PM
That is disappointing  . . I wanted to go!   Well gonna go to Woodward it appears.   :dunno:  kind of surprised they cancelled it already. I am getting the feeling that the US is going to open completely here pretty soon!

It sure seems that way.  But then again the US is miles ahead of us on the vaccination roll out, so that may be part of it.  Here in Ontario, we will not have mass vaccinations on place for some time.

Jason

dodj

Guess I'll cancel plans to try and get there this year....

But if the border opens, I'm going to Mopars in the Park!
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jimynick

S.O.B.!!!!!!!!!! Man, that seems to be a bit premature to me. If they don't hold the event again, who knows how many entries they'll never see again? Jason mentioned="But then again the US is miles ahead of us on the vaccination roll out, so that may be part of it.  Here in Ontario, we will not have mass vaccinations on place for some time." To that I'll only say, that it's NOT just Ontario, it's CANADA and the last stat I saw, had us at I believe 42nd in the world! Write a letter to our PM asking him and all his Chinese arse-kissing cronies, why the Wuhan Virus hasn't caused him to get off his arse. We're not going to get to go to Moparfest directly because of his inaction and it's scandalous,  :steamingmad:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

BIGSHCLUNK

Seems a bit early to cancel but that's probably just me. Was a great time the year I was there.  :ohyeah:

anlauto

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on March 11, 2021, 07:49:04 PM
Seems a bit early to cancel but that's probably just me. Was a great time the year I was there.  :ohyeah:

Toronto has cancelled ALL outdoor events until July 31st 2021. Right now we're only allowed 10 people maximum for any outdoor events with social distancing and masks mandatory .... better safe then sorry  Our country has had over 22K deaths now :andyangel:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

That's what happens when you have an incompetent govt. that's proving how little organizational skills they possess. Maybe they should do their job and order and distribute vaccines rather than try to control how their electorate think. Pathetic.
Sheldon

anlauto

Let's not political now guys  :slapme5: