Main Menu

moparty 2024?

Started by krazy931, September 03, 2024, 05:00:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

69BFan

It is still a bit early on knowing exactly the track and timing of the storm.  All that we can do is to pray and hope for the best.  I think other than the first year, we have had at least one day of rain for this event every year.  Hopefully it will speed up and move East and be out of the Bowling Green area early on Saturday morning.

If your wondering about coming, please make the best of it and come out and support these shows.  Without the support of everyone, it will be like so many other shows and it will wither away as just a memory.

If you do make it out to the show and the rain is coming down, stop by our tent for hopefully a dry spot and check out what all we are bringing to the show.  We have a 3200 square foot tent filled with reproduction restoration parts.  Just look for the Restoration Parts and Materials and Dale's Cuda Shop banners.

Safe travels everyone,
Richard 
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

JH27N0B

I talked to someone in my car club and they are still planning on going, and he had talked to others in the club still going.  So I'm still planning on going but not going to all the hassle of towing the Magnum down in my rig.  Now planning to drive the Frostbite blue 23 Challenger Scat Pack and let it get wet.
I wonder what we'll do there in the rain.  Maybe go to the Corvette museum!
That would be ironic, travel 400 miles to a Mopar show and end up at a Corvette museum.  :drunk:
I hope all the rain flowing through the heat vents on my hood don't damage something in the engine compartment.  :stop:

JH27N0B

For the most part, the skies parted for Moparty.
Thursday afternoon when I got to Bowling Green, it was getting cloudy, and it rained starting around 7 pm.
Friday I woke up and looked outside to see the skies clearing! It was perfect weather most of the day until just after 4 it rained.  I was standing in line for a Mopar thrill ride at the time, fortunately they still ran the Hellcats in the rain, so I got my ride in.
Saturday it was perfect all day until 7ish it sprinkled for a second.
Left this morning for home in sunshine.
Watching the radar on my phone from time to time Friday and Saturday there was a lot of rain just south of the TN border.  I talked to a guy from Louisville who said they got rained on pretty good there.
So it was sort of a miracle Bowling Green stayed so nice, despite the dire forecasts in days leading up to it, and weather passing north and south.
The rain threats did diminish attendance, the car counts in the car show and drag racing were notably lower than last year.  The swap area was bigger but some empty spaces I'd heard were sold, but the vendors apparently bugged out due to the deluge that had been forecast.
They announced next years show over the PA.  September 12-14th, 2025.
Mark your calendars and make a note to not trust the weatherman next year!