Main Menu

Musclecar and Corvette Nationals 11-23 & 24 Rosemont IL

Started by JH27N0B, December 22, 2018, 07:34:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

Chaos-N-Mayhem

Is that an invite only show or can anyone enter. I've always been curious as I have not been to that show.

JH27N0B

It's both an invitational and a application show.  Bob Ashton's work getting the show together is pretty much his full time job every year, he manages a few smaller shows but most of his work through the year is planning and recruiting cars for the MCACN and promoting the show. His work pays off because he never fails to hit it out of the park with the show!  He travels to many shows and auctions, and to visit many predominant collectors and some museums trying to get cars for features at the show.  So he personally invites many cars.  But there is an application online to enter a car, and many cars there are ones people submitted applications to enter their cars. 
Best chances to get in the show are if your car fits in with one of the features for the year. For some examples, in 2020 there will be a big feature of 1970 model year cars to celebrate their 50th anniversary.  Therefore, a '70 car would have a better chance to get accepted for 2020 than to have been in this years show.  Also there will be a big T/A and AAR feature so 2020 would be a good year for a T/A or AAR owner to have his car accepted.
The emphasis is on rare and unusual, as Bob likes to say if he just accepted applications first come, first serve the show would end up being 85% '67-'71 Camaros and no offense to Camaro guys, but people aren't going to travel from all over the country and a number of foreign countries every year to see a show that is mostly a bunch of Camaros. That's good for us Mopar guys as our cars are much more uncommon, so the bar is lower to get one of our cars accepted than getting a Camaro or Corvette accepted, which basically requires a concours show car quality.
There is also an emphasis on  getting cars from places outside of northern IL as they don't want the show to just be a showcase for local cars.  It is truly a national car show.
The fact that Bob is a big Mopar and AMC fan doesn't hurt our chances of getting accepted to the show either!  :ohyeah:

JH27N0B

JH27N0B

Quote from: anlauto on November 09, 2019, 11:37:49 AM
JH27N0B....you sometimes deal with the incoming cars and parking and such ???
Does ANYBODY ever look at the gas gauge of the in coming cars ?

1/4 tank is a general rule of thumb for any indoor event or enclosed transport, but I doubt very many get checked or turn away for having 3/8 of a tank :dunno:
The fire marshal most certainly was checking the gas gauges this year.  I was watching the rear overhead door during set up and saw several cars headed back out to burn up excess gas.  He looked at mine with a flashlight, I was at a 1/4 tank maybe a hair under so no issues there.  Glad I got the gas down rather than take a chance I'd get away with more!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

That show had to be one of the highlights of my car gawking history. No regrets.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

JH27N0B

Good idea with the E bodies.org tee shirts.  Saturday I was heading back to my post and saw a guy wearing one of the shirts checking out the butterscotch shaker '71 cuda.  I introduced myself and it turns out it was Tom RzeroB!  It was nice talking to him and I never would have said anything if it wasn't for the shirt.

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

benlavigne

Quote from: dodj on November 28, 2019, 07:07:10 PM
Quote from: JH27N0B on November 25, 2019, 09:32:20 PM
No picture sorry.
:Thud:

Here is one...
And one of Brad! Nice talking to you!

Ben

JH27N0B

Great pics! Good meeting you Ben and I look forward to seeing your Challenger at next years show!

Ricomondo

Sorry I missed you on Sunday when I went Brad. I had not been to the show in about 4-5 years. I wasn't disappointed in the  least! Great show.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

dodj

I'm going to have to make it to one of these soon. It's not that far away..
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill