Main Menu

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (MCACN) Rosemont, IL November 18 and 19

Started by JH27N0B, October 30, 2023, 07:12:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

• MCACN 2023

JH27N0B

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals is coming up next month!
Always a must attend event with 550 of the top cars from all over North America.
One of this year's highlights will be the RTS cuda that emerged last spring for the first time in 45 years and sold at Mecum Indy for over $2,000,000.
Always a ton of Mopars there. In fact I just got helped a friend of mine get his 71 pilot car hemi roadrunner formerly owned by Larry Sheppard into the show today!
https://www.mcacn.com/

TheAutoArchaeologist

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

Duodec

This will be my first year to go.  I am looking forward to the cars but there's mentions all over about a swap meet, that I can't find much info about, videos of it in the past, FAQs, etc.

How good is it?  How good specifically for Mopars?   Accessibility to parking?  Likely to be higher priced for given items than the smaller swaps at smaller car shows?

Any info on the swap meet would be really appreciated.

JH27N0B

There is not much of a swap meet at MCACN.  What is there mostly consists of a couple dozen commercial vendors, though they are all automotive related items.
There are a couple of people selling used parts.  One vendor who is usually there, and presumably be there again this year is Scott Dowsee (sp) who deals in Mopar parts.  He lives in the area, so you also see him at CMC swap meets.  He gets some rare parts, but his prices are high.
Ample parking is available near the convention center.  The center is located in an entertainment district with a bunch of hotels, restaurants etc across the street, and there is a huge multilevel parking garage in the center of that.  You can park there and walk across the street to the hall.  Rosemont has a big force of auxiliary police who direct traffic and stop traffic to allow people to cross the street to get from the parking garage to the center.  There is also an elevated enclosed walkway with a bridge you can use to get from the garage to the convention center if you want to stay out of the weather.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, Nov 18th and 19th 2023

The 14th all indoor show devoted to the country's finest Muscle Cars, Dealer-built Supercars and Corvettes. "The Center of the Muscle Car Universe" says Muscle Car Review magazine. Over 500 prime examples of American Muscle.

Some of the Special Displays this year include, Ford & Mercury Boss Invitational, Corvette Triple Diamond Showcase and Competition, Better idea Big Block Ford & Mercury Invitational, Class of 1968, Class of 1973, Saleen 40th Anniversary, Big Body Buicks, Chevrolet Impala History Invitaitonal, Evolution of the Dodge Charger, Ford GT Invitational, Malaise Era Muscle Featuring GM Colonnade, Little Indians Invitational, Nashnutz AMC Display.

Also featuring Vintage Certification for unrestored originals and our fun Barn Finds and Hidden Gems along with Muscle Bicycles, Mini Bikes and automotive only vendors.

Celebrity Guest from the Automotive World, Peter Brock, Chris Jacobs, Wayne Carini, David Sullivan, Natalie Decker, Derek Lemke, Chuck Miller, Bruce Larson, Jim Mattison, John Kraman, Arnie Beswick, Camillo Pardo, and Ryan Brutt.

Held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. Minutes from Chicago's O'Hare Airport.

Check out everything going on at the show this year with the free online magazine.

https://online.fliphtml5.com/juqbu/btbx/

Title Sponsor is Mecum Auctions

Info @ (586) 549-5291 or bashton426@gmail.com. www.mcacn.com

Check out pictures from previous years events at (https://www.mcacn.com/gallery)

Ryan Brutt
www.barnfinds.org

anlauto

It's always a good show it seems, I have a friend bringing a red AAR this year....I've only been once, back when the Hemi Ebody convertibles were there.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Duodec

Thanks for the swap meet info.  I'll admit to being disappointed.  I enjoy the car shows and the two CMC shows I went to this year have re-awakened my love for C-bodies and station wagons, and some of the cars are amazing inspirations, but what got me moving again after years of deferring things is getting back to work on my own car, getting the parts I still need, etc.  I might not go to a smaller show that was only a show with no swap meet.  Got inspiration and ideas, need parts and room to work!

I'll still try to make this one.  Clearly I need to get to one or more of the large shows like Carlisle.

JH27N0B

It's hard to believe MCACN is next week!
Right now the forecast is looking unseasonably warm for a change.  During setup Thursday and Friday in recent years, I have been tasked with guarding the rear overhead exit doors where the rigs pull out after unloading inside the building.  Inevitably there is a bitter 20° north wind blowing in through the door, and I'm sitting there having to scrape a layer of frost off my glasses, and icicles hanging off my nose, but this year it looks like it will be in the 60s!  :bravo:  I wish I had my convertible in the show this year, I'd drive it there top down!
Not like 2015 when we had a freak snowstorm Friday night through Saturday that really screwed up the works, or even last year where a storm affecting western Michigan and northern Indiana led some participants to have to cancel bringing their cars.  No excuse not to attend this year!
As I previously mentioned, I am guarding the exit door Thursday and Friday until mid afternoon, and Saturday and Sunday I'm keeping an eye of the stage area, near Mopar Alley. If you are attending, stop by and say hi! Here I am last year bundled up by the exit door in the bitter arctic wind. This year maybe I'll be wearing Bermuda shorts and I'll be wiping sweat on my glasses instead of frost.  8)

TWS

Congratulations to Bob Ashton, Ryan Brutt, JH27N0B, and the rest of the MCACN crew (my apologies for not knowing everyone's name here on the board) for putting on another outstanding show this year. For anyone that has not yet experienced MCACN, this needs to be on your bucket list.  This show is just amazing all the way around.  They take care of their sponsors, vendors, car owners, and spectators. The quality and variety of cars is mind-numbing. And every year they continue to make improvements here and there.  The facility is top-notch, adjacent motels high-quality and reasonably-priced, the best Chicago restaurants adjacent or nearby, and right across the street from O'Hare and the Chicago transit system.  Just can't say enough about the show.  Looking forward to next year!  Thank you Bob Ashton!

Brads70

One day I'll get there..... this and sema are on my bucket list

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: TWS on November 21, 2023, 01:05:11 PMCongratulations to Bob Ashton, Ryan Brutt, JH27N0B, and the rest of the MCACN crew (my apologies for not knowing everyone's name here on the board) for putting on another outstanding show this year. For anyone that has not yet experienced MCACN, this needs to be on your bucket list.  This show is just amazing all the way around.  They take care of their sponsors, vendors, car owners, and spectators. The quality and variety of cars is mind-numbing. And every year they continue to make improvements here and there.  The facility is top-notch, adjacent motels high-quality and reasonably-priced, the best Chicago restaurants adjacent or nearby, and right across the street from O'Hare and the Chicago transit system.  Just can't say enough about the show.  Looking forward to next year!  Thank you Bob Ashton!

Happy to hear you enjoyed it.
Ryan Brutt
www.barnfinds.org

Cuda Cody