Main Menu

SEMA 2018

Started by soundcontrol, October 30, 2018, 04:08:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

That's not a concept car, that is a modified 68 Charger used only to display their new engine....it will only be the engine made available 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JpRngr

Quote from: anlauto on November 01, 2018, 02:35:21 PM
That's not a concept car, that is a modified 68 Charger used only to display their new engine....it will only be the engine made available

That's what I got standing there watching it in person. Definitely a modified '68 Charger commemorating it being 50 years old.

JpRngr

Quote from: soundcontrol on October 30, 2018, 04:08:36 PM
15 min to the Mopar pressconference about the big new release....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you would have panned left just a little bit, you could have had a great pic of the back of my head. LOL!  :ohyeah:

soundcontrol

Quote from: JpRngr on November 01, 2018, 05:27:43 PM
If you would have panned left just a little bit, you could have had a great pic of the back of my head. LOL!  :ohyeah:

Ahh, to bad, we could have said hi and had a Dodge beer from the truck :)
And I was wearing my new e-bodies T-shirt, in case someone from the forum was there.

soundcontrol

Quote from: 303 Mopar on October 31, 2018, 06:38:30 PM
Its interesting the Chevy announced an electric Copo Camaro 700hp  - https://www.hotrod.com/articles/chevrolet-unveils-ecopo-electric-race-car-concept-2018-sema-show/

Clearly the two automotive manufacturers are going in different directions.

I talked to one guy from the Chevy design team for 45 min. today, very interesting to hear about how they did it.
Two 3-phase electric motors on the same axle, into a "normal" tranny with a torque converter. Running 800 volt/40 Amps batteries
The 2 boxes on top of the engine is converts DC to AC and controls the power to the motors. It's built for dragrace, he said Chevy probably never would build this
for the street because of security (800V) and liability.