Main Menu

*** 2021 Hotel Thread - Book Early and Save! ***

Started by Spikedog08, February 03, 2021, 08:33:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Here is a list of hotels in the immediate area of the club parking lot gathering: 

Super 8 - 175 Beacon Hill Blvd, New Cumberland, PA 17070 - (717)774-6200

La Quinta New Cumberland - 130 Limekiln Rd., New Cumberland, PA, 17070 - (717)774-8888

Holiday Inn Express - 190 Beacon Hill Blvd, New Cumberland PA 17070 - (717)774-6400

Fairfield Inn - 185 Beacon Hill Blvd, New Cumberland PA 17070 - (717)774-0100

Book early to reserve your room with the group!  Carlisle 2021 will be amazing!   :bigthumb:

These are listed in order of price range with the first one being the cheapest / worst and last the most expensive / best . .  you get what you pay for . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Poolshark314

Is there a block at each one for ebodies.org or just everyone on their own?
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

Spikedog08

Quote from: Poolshark314 on February 03, 2021, 03:47:31 PM
Is there a block at each one for ebodies.org or just everyone on their own?

We tried the block of rooms one year and discovered that the hotel was charging us more than if you booked regular . . So to answer your question, everyone is on their own.  With all those hotels, we have found that there is enough room for all and typically rooms are still available up to the time of the show. 

71340RT

I have mine booked and can't wait after missing last years show.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

RSI700VIPER

I just checked the hotels listed on the thread and all of the hotels are in Cumberland.  That's like 21 miles from the fairgrounds.  Am I missing something?

Spikedog08

Quote from: RSI700VIPER on February 03, 2021, 06:44:27 PM
I just checked the hotels listed on the thread and all of the hotels are in Cumberland.  That's like 21 miles from the fairgrounds.  Am I missing something?

NO you are not missing anything . . This is where we always stay!  Yes they are in New Cumberland but it is all highway and a nice ride to the show.  Plus it keeps the prices down compared to the hotels within 10 minutes of the show.  All the hotels are within walking distance to the parking lot we like to hang out in and also where we have the Saturday Night pizza party.  I think it takes about 25 minutes on the highway . . . And then you have to deal with the traffic to get in. 

cuda hunter

I was wondering when this thread was going to show up.  Surprised it didn't show up last August. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 04, 2021, 07:10:28 AM
I was wondering when this thread was going to show up.  Surprised it didn't show up last August.

Yes typically we are on top of this at an earlier date but these are strange times and who knows what is going to happen?  Still plenty of time to make arrangements for the show.  I am hopeful that the Canadian border opens so we get to see all our friends to the north!  Missed them last year! 

Crocha617

I'm booked at La Quinta Thursday and Friday night.

anlauto

The border restrictions are getting tougher as of this coming Monday....I can't see the border being open by July, maybe by 2022 hopefully. :fingerscrossed:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

Quote from: anlauto on February 18, 2021, 07:32:18 PM
The border restrictions are getting tougher as of this coming Monday....I can't see the border being open by July, maybe by 2022 hopefully. :fingerscrossed:

Well that sucks!  Looks like I will miss the Canadian Moparfest show again this year . . and was looking forward to seeing a lot of my Canadian buddies at Carlisle. 

cuda hunter

I'm probably going to pick up a vrbo rental within a few miles of the fair grounds. 
However I'll still drive out to the hotel where everyone is to join the parking lot pizza party.  If it's happening. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

If the wife doesn't come this year I will have a room available in the vrbo if I can get one.

cuda hunter

I booked an Air BnB.  I'm 1.9 miles away from the show. 

Poolshark314

How are the hotels in that area? I want to drive my car up there and not trailer it so it won't be left on the showfield. Do they seem "safe" for parking at overnight or are parts going missing a concern?
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD