Main Menu

Carlisle pics 2021

Started by cuda hunter, July 26, 2021, 09:21:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

speaking of original cars.   I'm sure most of you have seen this at a show as it has more show stickers than any other I have seen.  And he told me that he has had to scrape off all the stickers as he couldn't see and needed to put new stickers on the windshield.
Original paint and original decals.

At the vendors booth that this was sitting, DJ , DartGT, had an incomplete set of these strobes in Black NOS.  I bought them just because of the cull factor.  Original box's too.

I truly love these strobe stripes. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

76orangewagon

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 29, 2021, 06:13:22 AM
Yes, but the mission was not completed.

I did not find any stripe kits for my M46.  No scoops.   Not even a lead towards some scoops.

There are a few m46 cars that I am aware of now.  A blue one in Denver, a Green one in Minnesota and one somewhere in Georgia.    But no real lead towards any of them.

I've gotta drive to Denver and join the RPM group to get into the people who might be able to locate the blue one from 30 years ago. 

In all actuality, it was nice to unload and load up without anyone else around distracting me from the tie down.   :clapping:

Josh,
Have you considered having one of those M46 scoops recreated or make a mold and cast some new ones..might be a little costly but make several sets and sell them off to recoup some money. Since I work in a Fabrication shop and use Solidworks and 3D printers/scanners on a regular basis It seems fairly easy to recreate have you looked at any small local shop that would be willing to work with you on it.

cuda hunter

@76orangewagon

Scott Smith with Harms auto has done a limited run of reproductions.  All are gone now as of some years ago.
He told me recently that he was going to do another run and I told him that I would buy a set.
  The reproductions have some imperfections in them that came from the original scoops he copied.  The issues can be fixed by any body guy.

I'm honestly looking for an NOS set to do exactly what you have mentioned.  I would like to find a set that has not been outdoors and have typical issues.  A computer program with all the exact dimensions would be nice and they they can be recreated in multiple formats.  Definitely in the future plans. 

But I need a perfect NOS set.     
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

:rebelflag"

I love A12's.  Plans for one some day. 

cuda hunter

cuda hunter

JH23G3B187348
JS23H2B144571

cuda hunter

Love this color.  Is this GY3 curious yellow? 

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 29, 2021, 07:03:55 PM

Love this color.  Is this GY3 curious yellow?

Yup one of my favorites...keep the pictures coming  :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Look at the meats on that TX9. 

cuda hunter

There is that funny scooped car again. 

cuda hunter

And,    a  HEMI   !!!  BS23R0B159413

SWEET  CAR  !!!! 

cuda hunter

cuda hunter

cuda hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYGNR7G3ys4

Here is a video that @76orangewagon  linked on his restoration thread here.  https://forum.e-bodies.org/your-restoration-project-roseville-moparts/10/1971-shaker-340-tor-red-4-spd-cuda/1131/

Just thought I would add it here as you can see at least a glimpse of each car on the video. 

My car is at 45:50.  Looks like the rest.  But is in the "modified" section of the ebody show. 

cuda hunter